- Pro-Choice Press, Autumn/Winter Issue A publication of the British Columbia Pro-Choice Action Network.
- Where Is the Anti-Choice Movement Headed? Summer, 2003 - Joyce Arthur of the British Columbia Pro-Choice Action Network presents a detailed analysis of the antiabortion movement, predicting its eventual failure.
- Unplanned Pregnancy Guide "Learn the various options of dealing with an unplanned pregnancy, including keeping the baby, adoption and abortion." A project of the Women's Issues forum of About.com.
- Volunteer Drivers Hold Keys to Abortion Access June 26, 2003 - "A network of volunteer drivers in Georgia represents a growing trend among choice advocates to personally transport and accompany women to clinics."
- I'm Not Sorry.Net "Celebrating The Right To Choose" Katha Pollitt says of this site: "As an antidote to antichoice propaganda that presents abortion as an inevitable source of shame, sorrow and regret--and pro-choice pablum about what a painful choice it always is--take a look at www.imnotsorry.net, where women are posting positive stories about abortions that left them flooded with relief, eager to move on and more self-reliant. The brainchild of Patricia Beninato of Richmond, Virginia, the site revives the old feminist idea of 'Abortion without apology' --and not a moment too soon."
- Choice USA: Leadership for a Pro-Choice Future Founded in 1992 by Gloria Steinem. "Choice USA gives emerging leaders the tools they need to organize, network, and exchange ideas to build a youth-centered pro-choice agenda and mobilize communities for reproductive freedom."
- Sunshine for Women: Abortion With an Attitude A wide-ranging selection of information on abortion, including info on contraception, legal status of abortion, prochoice websites, medical and legal histories of abortion.
- Abortion Law Homepage The page is meant to help people "understand the background and state of abortion law in America, and access related legal material."
- BenchMark: NCJW's Campaign to Save Roe July 12, 2002 - The National Council of Jewish Women is rallying opposition to conservative court appointees who would undermine the right to choose.
- Emergency Landing July 3-9, 2002 - They Come to New York Needing Second-Trimester Abortions. An Underground Network Keeps Them Safe.
- Reproductive Freedom News The online newsletter of the Center for Reproductive Law and Policy. Discussions of current issues in reproductive rights.
- Planned Parenthood gets full-time chaplain March 30, 2002 - And what's more: the Rev. is female. This will drive the antis nuts, since most of them forbid the ordination of women.
- Abortion Clinics Online A list of abortion clinics by state. A large list, but not complete. Also available: the same list arranged alphabetically.
- Who Decides? "A State-by-State Review of Abortion and Reproductive Rights, 11th Edition, 2002." Exhaustive reports on restrictions on abortion. Read it online or download the entire 188 page report.
- Bush Does Abortion Right January 25, 2002 - "Lock up your daughters and subdue your girlfriends, it's National Sanctity of Life Day."
- No-cost abortions observe court case January 19, 2002 - "A doctor who was once shot by an anti-abortion protester said he would mark the 29th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision on Saturday with a day of free first-trimester abortions for low-income women."
- Crimes Against Reproductive Rights in California Updated August, 2001 - A paper prepared for the Senate of the State of California. Maintains that California has the highest rate of crimes in the area of reproductive health. Makes a case that violent factions of antiabortion, racist, anti-semitic, and militia groups are beginning to act in concert. It has the best capsule history of anti-abortion violence that I have seen on the web.
- Emily Lyons' Homepage Emily was badly injured in the bomb blast at the Birmingham, Alabama Women's Health Clinic in January, 1998. The page features progress reports on her recovery. She will be publishing an on-line book titled Life's Been A Blast.
- Stop Anti-Abortion Terror: End the War on Women and Our Right to Choose Includes a list of victims of prolife violence, the wounded as well as the killed.
- The Need To Rescue Women From Christian Terrorists "The anti-choice criminals should be locked up for a long time!"
- Women's Enews "What news looks like when women matter."
- Life and Liberty for Women "Dedicated to Aggressive Abortion Rights Education." They confront the gruesome pictures of the antis with pictures of the results of illegal abortion. They believe in placing more emphasis on a woman's right to control her reproductive and sexual life, and that an over-emphasis on choice has been somewhat harmful.
- Jane's Due Process a Texas legal help group that helps girls find lawyers for judicial bypass on permission to get an abortion.
- Volunteer lawyers help girls seeking abortions May 25, 2002 - A Houston Chronicle article about Jane's Due Process, telling how 70 volunteer attorneys work in the project.
- Prochoice Coalition of Santa Clara County Their page titled What is Clinic Defense is the best short piece on the subject of escorting and clinic defense that I have seen on the web.
- ProChoiceVoice They exhort visitors to the site to take action along these lines: "Sign a Petition," "Send a Letter to congress," "Tell a friend about this important site," "View your legislators' votes on the issues."
- Pro-Choice Views at About.com Due to reorganization at About.com, much of the material is still present, but the form is changed.
- Women's Reproductive
Self-Determination: Pro Choice Right to Abortion Considering the right to choose from various perspectives, including Legal Issues, Moral Issues, and the pro-life claim that abortion is the moral equivalent of the Holocaust or of Slavery. Author T.F. Barans' rejoinder to the claim that the fetus is a baby: "An embryo is no more equal to a baby than an acorn is to an oak."
- From the Back Alleys to the Supreme Court and Beyond Named after the three-part television series, this is a RealAudio adaptation of that series, with the cooperation of the makers of the original pieces. A presentation by the History Department of SUNY at Albany, New York.
- D&X Procedure - (a.k.a. Partial Birth Abortion) - All Sides Concerning arguments advanced by the pro-life side, the site notes: "Sometimes the truth gets bent out of shape."
- Access: The Women's Health Rights Coalition "The Women's Health Rights Coalition is committed to improving every woman's access to
comprehensive quality health care."
- The South Jersey Clinic Defense Coalition
The history of their clinic defense and escorting will seem very familiar to Milwaukee escorts and defenders. See their essay on the White House scandals and the religious right.
- Activists' Kiosk -- Pro-Choice Other categories on their pages include Animal Rights, Labor, Immigration, Peace, Race Relations. They have a total of 40 main topics.
- NARAL homepage
National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League - Promoting Reproductive Choices.
- CARAL - California Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League
- Planned Parenthood
Your Uncensored Source for sexual and reproductive health information.
- Margaret Sanger Fact Sheet A refutation of anti-choice smears against Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood. Many quotes that reactionaries attribute to her stem from other sources. Some are entirely made up.
- saveRoe.com A Planned Parenthood site focused on the pivotal role of the federal courts for reproductive rights. "One vote could turn back the clock on women's rights."
- News from CARAL - the Canadian Abortion Rights Action League
- Brooklyn Pro-Choice Network
They are looking for clinic escorts. See a lively set of photos of a recent counter-domonstration against the Helpers of God's Precious Infants.
- Biblical America Resistance Front
A project of BARF: Bisexual and Radical Feminists.
Bay Area Coalition for Our Reproductive Rights
"BACORR is issuing this directory as an informational source book for activists and organizers involved in the struggle for women's liberation; for health care providers; for lesbian, gay and bisexual rights activists; for immigrant rights activists; for labor organizers; for anti-racist and anti-fascist fighters everywhere."
- Rock for Choice
A Project of the Feminist Majority and Feminist Majority Foundation.
- Medical Students for Choice
- How Med Students Put Abortion Back In The Classroom Time article tells of the role that Medical Students for Choice has played in getting the abortion procedure reintroduced to med school courses.
- National Network of Abortion Funds
Helps to find funds for women and girls who could not otherwise afford an abortion.
- The National Abortion Federation
The Voice of Abortion Providers. Has a section on anti-abortion violence.
- A New Kind of Abortion War: Stealth Pro-Life Campaign Erodes Reproductive Rights Anti-choice campaigners have understood how to generate dishonest but effective propaganda like "partial birth" abortions and "Choose Life" license plates. Prochoice people have not been able to respond as effectively as they ought.
- Pro-Choice Action Network "Every Mother Willing– Every Child Wanted" Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Anti-Choicers Fear New Terrorism Law shows how Canadian antiabortion extremists are properly targeted by a new antiterrorism law.
- Pro-Choice Press: a publication of BC's Pro-Choice Action Network Spring 2003 Issue - Catch up with pro-choice news and anti antics in British Columbia.
- Pro-Choice Public Education Project "Our goal is to educate young women about reproductive freedom and choice, energizing a new generation of pro-choice leaders."
- Sex, etc.: A website by teens, for teens Network for Family Life Education, Rutgers University.
- Clergy insist not all faiths antiabortion May 13, 2002 - The president of the Planned Parenthood of America Clergy Advisory Board explains that there is a long history of religious support for the right to choose.
- Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance
Standing for prochoice ideas and tracking various religious extremist ideas.
The site is rather large. It has about 6.4 Mbytes of information arranged in about 580 pages,
grouped by topics.
- Gay Resources Religious and prochoice sources.
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
"The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, founded in 1973, is forty national Christian, Jewish, and other religious organizations that support a woman's right to choose." They are organizing a peaceful, prochoice religious presence in Wichita, Kansas on the occasion of Operation Save America's renewed attack there from July 13 to July 21, 2001.
- Spiritual Youth for Reproductive Freedom An offshoot of RCRC, the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. Their website presents Spirituality House, "an ONLINE campus spirituality center full of pro-faith, pro-choice resources and activism opportunities. "
- Clergy for Choice "The Clergy for Choice Network of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice is a national registry of clergy of all faiths who are dedicated to preserving reproductive rights and freedom for all."
- Religious Coalition Plays to Culture, Not Tradition, Critics Say October 30, 2002 -
RCRC's critics speak their mind: "Faith groups such as The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice - a national organization that recently denounced Bush administration health care policies as 'extreme' - gain influence by basing their positions more on cultural values than Scriptural truth."