The Missionaries Take their Show on the Road
Missionaries to the Preborn Monthly Freedom Tour - 2002 Schedule Check here to find out where and when the Missionaries were parading their hideous large posters.
Missionaries to the Preborn Deep South Tour Itinerary of a multi-state tour from February 24 to March 7, 2003.
June and July 2003 tours of MTTP
The missionaries travel through Wisconsin.
For more about Milwaukee's Missionaries, go to Milwaukee Antis in the News.
To see other antiabortion groups' tours and campaigns, go to Tours, Campaigns, and Crusades.
Tales from the "Show the Truth" Tour - 1998
|Show the Truth: Toronto, Ontario
In the Winter of 1997 the Missionaries to the Preborn announced on their website that they would be co-sponsors with Campaign Life Canada of a
"Show the Truth Tour" that would take place on both the American and the Canadian regions around Lake Ontario in July of 1998. In newsletter accounts written after the campaign, neither side mentions the other by name.
- Missionaries Invade Canada In a 700-word article MTP activist Dan Holman mentions that the Missionaries to the Preborn "co-sponsored a short-term mission into Ontario for Canada's second 'Show the Truth'Tour." Dan does not name the co-sponsor. MTP is the only group the author mentions by name. The people whom he quotes by name are all members of MTP.
The Show the Truth Tour Campaign Life Canada trumpets "1998 Show the Truth Tour a Resounding Success." The 300-word account in CLC's August Newsletter refers both to Canadian pro-life allies and Canadian prochoice opponents of the tour, but doesn't say a word about the Missionaries to the Preborn or any other Americans.
- The links between the racist right and the pro-life movement November 24, 1998 - An essay in Arthur, an Ontario student and community newspaper.
- Confronting the "Missionaries to the Preborn" from the website of Anti-Racist Action of Toronto.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill Website of the CBC-TV program The National, with quotes from Matt Trewhella and Joan Clark. Also features a brief interview with the very embarassed head of a Canadian prolife group that had invited Trewhella without knowing of his extremist reputation.
The Head West Tour of 2001
|Missionary in Pierre, South Dakota
In 2001 Milwaukee's Missionaries to the Preborn set out on a tour of Western States. They continued to deploy their giant gruesome signs, believing they would advance their cause by disgusting and offending the locals.
- Anti-abortion protesters make presence October 17, 2001 - Account of MTP's visit to the U. of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana. The local student prolife groups disavows MTP.
- Group protests abortion in city June 8, 2001 - "While the protests are going on, cadres of teenagers pass out literature at area houses."
- Missionaries Tour U.S. to Protest Abortion June 6, 2001 - An account of the Missionaries' campaign in Pierre, South Dakota.
- Anti-abortion group's tour reaches Boulder "A Wisconsin-based anti-abortion group demonstrated in Boulder on Wednesday morning
by holding up 5-foot-tall photos of aborted fetuses and shouting passages from the Bible."
- Sacrilege in Montana "Mr. Steven Ertelt, Director of Montana Right of Life, an affiliate of National Right to Life Committee, opened his mouth and spewed forth a sulfurous stench against Christian missionaries who were on tour through that state." This is the opinion of Covenant News, which is "A Ministry of The Christian Street Preachers Alliance."
Wisconsin and Illinois Venues
Tours in 2002
Tours in 2003
- No Pretty Picture: Wis. abortion foes protest at BR hospital February 26, 2003 - The Missionaries to the Preborn take their tour to Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Abortion Posters Create Commotion February 27, 2003 - Local TV station's report of Missionaries antis in Jackson, Misssissippi.
- Anti-abortion demonstrators line Broadway in protest March 8, 2003 - In Nashville, TN, Missionaries to the Preborn stage their last demo of the 2003 Southern Tour.
- Omaha Police escort protesters off campus April 11, 2003 - Dan Holman and George Wilson brought their shouting and their ugly pictures to the University of Nebraska at Omaha. As they were escorted away, Dan Holman called out "We'll be back, sinners!"
- Dan Holman's account of events in Omaha "I personally have preached this message unhindered on hundreds of college campuses, and other public forums without prior approval," says Missionary Dan.
- Frisby v. Schultz, 487 U.S. 474 (1988) A case brought by antiabortion protesters Sandra C. Schultz and Robert C. Braun against the town of Brookfield, Wisconsin. The Supreme Court struck down town restrictions on picketing in a residential area. But the Court did also rule that picketers could not target only one single residence.
- Missionaries to the Pre-born, IOWA: April, 2003 Newsletter After many years of antiabortion activism with Milwaukee's Missionaries to the Preborn, Dan Holman has moved to Iowa. Dan warns that "The spotlight is on the Catholic Church, but other churches have their fair share of pedophiles, fornicators, and adulators [sic]. Such is the fruit of the love gospel."
- Anti-abortion group's graphic display meant for all in Merrill July 15, 2003 - In Merrill, Wisconsin "residents reacted with approval, dismay and some disgust Monday to grim images of aborted fetuses paraded around their community by abortion foes."
- Keokuk man must stay clear of clinic September 9, 2003 - Court orders Dan Holman to keep his distance from the clinic, based on his statement that Paul Hill had "raised the standards" for antiabortion protesters.
- Court Restricts Movement of Abortion Foe October 29, 2003 - "Court Order Restricts Anti-Abortion Activist Who Praised Doctor's Killer." Dan Holman declared while demonstrating in Florida on the occasion of Paul Hill's execution: "Some day, I hope I will have the courage to be as much a man as he was." "I haven't killed anyone yet, but I believe they deserve to die."