Tours, Campaigns, and Crusades
The antis hit the road to evangelize, brag, bully, or menace.
- Antiabortionsigns.com You'll need some great big signs to prove you're above average on righteousness. Get 'em here.
- Face the Truth Tour 2003 Virginia Campus Outreach Life and Liberties Ministries calls on True Christians to join them. No Catholics need apply: "LLM holds to the Biblical truth that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Messiah alone. There is only one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus (Y'shua). (1 Tim. 2:5) An embracing of this doctrine is essential."
- Antis picket ACOG convention Missionary Drew Heiss' newsletter names the major antiabortion groups that went to New Orleans to demonstrate at the convention of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, April 26 -30, 2003.
- Parade group greeted with boos and hisses July 11, 2003 - "A last-minute anti-gay, anti-abortion entry into the Mayor's Fourth of July Parade rankled Alamedan's sensibilities but the First Amendment gave parade organizers no choice but to permit the El Cerrito group to march."
- Man loses fingers dropping leaflets May 29, 2003 - "A man dropped abortion-related leaflets from a Paralite Sky Cruiser he flew over the La Serna High School campus Thursday until he accidentally stuck his hand into the aircraft's propeller blades, severing two fingers before he crashed, according to Whittier police."
- Group launches statewide anti-abortion campaign in Mississippi May 30, 2003 - Newspaper account of Joe Scheidler's "Face the Truth" tour as it passes through Jackson, Mississippi.
- Signs of the Times: A Return to Roanoke April 3, 2003 - Pastor Murch is much exercised by a Planned Parenthood tactic. PP solicited donations from supporters based on the number of antis who appeared at their clinic. "Pledge-a-Picket: $46,358! Even our Protestors Support Planned Parenthood!"
- Man Pushes Envelope By Showing His Neighbors Abortion Reality April 10, 2003 - Ed Snell planted a mess of those big antiabortion signs in his front yard in Harrisburg, PA. His neighbors didn't like it. Listen to Abortion Abolitionist Neal Horsley interview him.
- Full Quiver Mission Sweeps the Deep South! Starting in Fall of 2002 in Pennsylvania and ranging through late Winter in the South. Plenty of photos and self-congratulatory text.
- Operation Rescue National Event in Charlotte, NC, July 12-20, 2003 March 3, 2003 - "Christians are beginning to come out from the caves where they have been hiding and allow the theology of the Church house to become biography in the streets. The abortion industry in Charlotte is quaking over the fact that gentle Christians are returning to the streets."
- Oh Saratoga! Also known as "Pray America," "Operation Save America," "Second Battle of Saratoga," and "Off to the Races." Week of August 17 - 21, 2003. Participants include Rev. Flip Benham, Operation Save America; Fr. Francis McCloskey, Scripture Wall; Pastor Ed Martin, Ocala FL. Rescue America; Deacon Lawrence Willette. Featuring a revival that is to be "Great Awakening, Biblical, Evangelical, Catholic, Charismatic, Protestant, Pentecostal, Sacramental."
- Show the Truth Operation Rescue West: "The Show the Truth Tours consist of volunteers taking six-foot-tall pictures of aborted children into the streets of America. Pictures that no abortion clinic will show a mom they are trying to convince to lay down her money."
- Milwaukee's Missionaries On Tour Accounts of road trips from 1998 through 2002. The "Show the Truth Tour," the "Head West Tour," the "Unmasking Planned Parenthood Tour." Their favorite tactic: to confront the public with four by six foot poster photographs of mangled fetal remains. Missionaries to the Preborn likes to make one or two of these longer tours per year. They range throughout the midwest, to the Rockies, to New England, and once even into Canada.
- Freedom Tours Daytrip tours of the Missionaries to the Preborn, mostly on Saturdays to venues throughout Wisconsin.
- Pro-life bus sparks ruckus at Cruise August 21, 2002 - A few antis merged their vehicles, covered with fetus photos, into a classic car parade, the Woodward Dream Cruise.
- Federal Judge Orders Municipality to Pay Over $44,000 in Michigan Pro-Life Case May 13, 2003 - Ron Brock is paid $44,707.17 in damages and attorneys’ fees to settle a suit stemming from police seizing his "prolife" van.
- Canadian pro-lifer arrested for entering US illegally September 4, 2002 - The Canadian antiabortion extremist Bill Whatcott had been refused entry to the US the day before.
For a mirror image case of an American busted for entering Canada illegally, see how Missionary to the Preborn Mark Gabriel was denied entry into Canada, then detained by Canadian authorities.
For Whatcott's own account of some of his shenanigans, see Gay Rights Parade In Canada Led By Anti-Sodomite Marcher.
- Missionary Jailed for Confronting Abortionist August 2, 2002 - Mark Gabriel and a missionary buddy followed a doctor from his clinic to a golf driving range. There they videotaped him and begged him to repent. Wouldn't you know it, some people thought Mark was making threats and they called the police.
- Gabriel says no-contact order prevents him from fight against ‘evil’ August 23, 2002 -
Charged with disorderly conduct for shouting threats at a doctor, Mark explained to the judge that he is in a fight for "good against evil." The no-contact order stands nonetheless.
- Milford rep convicted of harassment August 27, 2002 - Peter Leishman, a New Hampshire State Representative, got fined $1,000 and a suspended six-month prison sentence. He had harassed a prochoice activist over the internet.
OSA Dallas 2002
Operation Save America chose Dallas as the point of origin of the decision Roe. v Wade. Though OSA summons up colorful language in self praise, their events drew only hundreds of participants -- not the thousands who regularly turned out ten years ago.
- OSA Dallas 2002 OSA announces a campaign in Dallas, Texas from July 13 - 21, 2002. "In the very city where Roe v. Wade began, Christians from around the nation will join together to allow their theology to become biography in the streets of Dallas, Texas." They choose the Bible verse "…Since you did not hate bloodshed, bloodshed will pursue you." Ezekiel 35:6.
- Hitting the Mark in Dallas, Texas "Before our eyes a group of willing, yet unsure, youngsters have been transformed into a bold team that stands at the very gates of hell, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ."
- Another Arrow Being Launched Speaking of the Dallas campaign, this testimonial asserts "This was the most powerful ministry event that I have ever been apart of."
- National Event Takes Dallas by Storm "Operation Save America stormed the gates of hell in Dallas, Texas this July."
- A Funeral In Dallas A high point of OSA Dallas 2002 -- an old fashioned fetus flashing. The antis displayed some of the fetal remains they've been lugging around from place to place.
- Persecution for proclaiming God's Word August 1, 2002 - A sidewalk counselor stands outside the "abortion chamber" offering "help and Christ’s love to women who are seeking to abort their children." Then the abortionist arrives and she Shares the Gospel with him from Ezekiel 33. The doctor complains and soon there's a temporary restraining order against counselor Terri Palmquist.
- Survivors of the Abortion Holocaust Campus Life Tours "Survivors use signs, literature, and discussion to show the truth about abortion to the students at UC Berkley."
- Show the Truth An account of the October 15, 1996 "Show the Truth" tour in Kansas City.
- Crossroads 2002 Walks Sponsored by ALL, the American Life League, the walk begins in two places: San Francisco and Florida. The streams merge and head for Toronto for World Youth Day 2002, where participants may catch a last glimpse of the Pope in North America.
- Establishing Bloodguilt Missionaries to the Unborn and Operation Save American jointly lead a campaign to harass churches that don't take the correct religious line against abortion.
- Wichita 2001 - A Replay of the Summer of Mercy On the tenth anniversary of Operation Rescue's Wichita "Summer of Mercy" campaign the antis return. They can only manage a weak followup.
- Shake the Nation A campaign to buy baby rattles, which will then be sent to members of Congress to remind them to support a prolife program. Originally scheduled to kick off in September of 2001, something else took place on the 11th that shook the nation profoundly. So the campaign was hastily rescheduled for the summer of 2002. They boast that "Overall 45962 Rattles Ordered as of 7/14/2002." The main push for the campaign comes from Coral Ridge Ministries, headed by Dr. D. James Kennedy.
- Truth Trucks After a while, the standard four by six foot fetus photo just wasn't enough. Enter the Truth Truck: a van or even a semi-trailer plastered with enormous mangled fetus photos.
- Abortion and the Winter Olympics The antis promoted a connection between abortion and the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.
A Texas Campaign of Threats and Harassment
- Faith, fear and rights collide in local abortion controversy July 14, 2002 - A young woman goes to Planned Parenthood for birth control pills. A few days later her parents receive an anonymous letter, saying their daughter had "aborted her baby." The antis have no idea who would do such a thing.
- Woman's center at A&M becomes new battleground July 14, 2002 - The Women’s Center at Texas A&M University provides referrals to Planned Parenthood for women students or staff who need low-cost care. Aggies for Life opposes this in many ways.