Subject: Re: UUCP Address
From: Andrew Morrow <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PMAIL <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 17:02:34 -0500
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.pmail

Jansen,

I wrote:

> > If "wyvern" is the smarthost name, why is only "wyver" appearing in
> > the F & I lines?  This is the first time that I've seen less than the
> > full hostname (the second argument in the U line) in the work file
> > names.  I can easily add a hack to INET2WAF that will allow it to
> > accept your short hostname.  Hang on and I'll send you an updated
> > program before the end of the weekend.

Soory, it took me an extra weekend to find the time to change my
program.  I've attached INET2WAF v1.02 to this message.  So now, give
then following .X file:

U uucp wyvern
# return status on failure
Z
# return address for status or input return
R manstar!JANSEN
# job id for status reporting
J manstarA20fa
F D.wyver7d5cc19
I D.wyver7d5cc19
C rmail jansen

INET2WAF will expect the host name that appears in the U line
("wyvern") or a shortened version of it (down to 2 characters) to
appear after the "D." in the F line.

Let me know if this helps you.

Andrew.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Andrew Morrow   home:[email-masked]  office:[email-masked]
                Pegasus Mail utilities: <[email-masked]>