The fundamental doctrines of the faith are:
1) The inerrancy of Scripture meaning Scripture is without error.
2) The virgin birth of Christ.
3) The substitutionary atonement of Christ.
4) Christís bodily resurrection.
5) Christís bodily return to earth in the second coming.
These beliefs were reaffirmed
because many churches were rejecting these
doctrines in the early 1900ís. In more recent years, fundamentalism has also been associated with separation from apostasy and worldliness.
Authority - The Bible is the final authority for
the faith and practice of
* 2 Tim 3:16-17 the church.
of the Local Church - Each church is sovereign
* Acts 6:1-7 be controlled by a board,
hierarchical system or another
Priesthood of believers - Every believer can go
directly to God
* Heb. 4:14-16 without human intercession.
Two Ordinances of the Local
Believer's Baptism and the Lord's Table.
Baptism - A person is baptized by immersion after
* Acts 8:35-39 his faith in Jesus Christ.
Lord's Table - The Lord's Table is a symbol of
Christís broken body
* 1 Cor. 11:23-24 and shed blood.
Soul Liberty - Every individual has a right to
interpret the Bible
* Rom. 14:5-12 for himself and believe that interpretation.
Church Membership - Only saved individuals can
* 1 Cor. 1:2 local church.
Officers of the Local Church - Pastor and Deacons.
* 1 Tim. 3:1-13
of Church and State - There should not be any organic
* Mat. 22:15-22; *Rom 13:1-7 union of the church with the
* (Both together) state. There should not be a
state church or church state.
MAIN BIBLE MESSAGE
INDEPENDENT BAPTIST CHURCHES IN WISCONSIN
HOME - Community Baptist Church