Well, looks like we have out done ourselves again in 2003. We have the honor of running up the second biggest bar receipt for one night at Jackson's. This was the first night and I guess we came out of the blocks pretty fast. Kenny was impressed. We also have found a new place to stop after golf, thanks to Kenny, the Twilight Bar. Steve, the owner, was quite impressed with our first visit and 3 1/2 hour bar bill ($120.00). Keep in mind this did include some food, however, he has assured us we are welcome back anytime!!!
Prior to listing the nominees for Mary, Kevin, the outgoing S.H.I.T., had thanks for a few individuals:
1) Tom Fosbinder and B.o.B. for pulling Kevin from the water and possibly saving his life. Seems they broke a tow rope pulling Kevin on the tube and Kevin's crew was more concerned in trying to get the rope problem taken care of instead of picking Kevin up. Tom and B.o.B., happened to pass by and pick him up.
2) Kenny for finding the group a new watering hole for after golf.
3) Kenny and Tom Jackson for allowing us to watch how real men work as they spent an afternoon in serious labor, re-doing some of the shoreline.
4) And last but not least Mary for good weather, AT&T for putting the phone back on the wall (that Kevin ripped off), local liquor distributor, and the Jackson family for being such good hosts again....!!!
With that all said, lets get to listing the nominees.....
1) John Durante for being to good this year. However, he did have a couple of mishaps; backing over the ski rope, and some how destroying the fin on a ski.
2) Kyle Berry for "pooping" next to Jude and Dave's cabin. (He learned this from his dad whose favorite spot is behind the garage).
3) Mike Birschbach for falling into the lake with his toolbox while on a good Samaritan deed for Tom and Dave. Also, for apologizing to Julie Hutter (not his wife) when he came home from the Twilight Bar (he claimed he was being held against his will by Rob). And finally, for running into the water with his cloths on, (this too was after the Twilight), to save his son Jordan from Bean. No one is sure why Mike felt he needed saving, including Jordan...!!!
4) Brian Berry for water sport injuries, cut above the eye tubing and pulled muscle in leg from skiing. Also, for losing a $100.00 per of sun glasses. (Think he had help from Bean on this).
5) Kevin for relieving himself (number 2!!) behind the garage, and ripping the phone off the wall in the lodge. (This also was after the visit to the Twilight Bar).
6) Bean Durante for; once again not needing PJ's as she slept in her cloths regularly; missing 16 hours of vacation due to alcohol poisoning (or something very close to it); being a bad influence on Kristy and carousing into all hours of the night; losing camera and rolling down the hill (under the influence); falling in the lake (under the influence); throwing up while tubing; and finally, for calling an audible at liars dice (has never happened before, Kevin gave her one chance to change her call..... and she changed it!!!).
7) Katie Laasch for never being seen this year.
8) Kristy Hutter for; hanging around with Bean; throwing up in front of cottage at 3:30am after being told by her grandmother, whom she woke up, that it was time to come to bed. Oh ya, this is where her good friend and drinking partner, Bean, took off running. Kristy then tried to wash the evidence away with the dog bowl water...!!!; and finally, for diving in the lake with her $150.00 pair of prescription glasses on.
9) Jim Laasch for mixing his bloody Mary with way too much vodka; relieving himself on the golf course (number 2!!) and being accused of using the golf ball drying towel to wipe. (He later proved that he did not use the towel by going into the bathroom at the Twilight Bar and taking off his underpants and showing to all that he did not wipe....!!); miss calling the dice on numerous occasions; trying to convince Daryl Baier that he should let Jim take him out fishing some night and show him how it is done; and finally, missing the jump from the pontoon to the pier.
So, with all the nominees in, the voting took place. The vote was very close, actually we had ties, but after a re-vote and all the smoke cleared we had our winners for 2003.
Kristy Hutter will be taking Mary home to Fond du Lac, a little change of pace for Mary as she is use to wintering in Tinley Park and as runner up the dice will be going back to Tinley Park in the care of James Laasch.
Congratulations new S.H.I.T, Kristy Hutter and runner up James Laasch!!