Country, Western, Bluegrass, Folk Groups who play European Ballads, Story Songs and Dance Music, African-American Blues and Work Songs
- Above the Town - Bluegrass, Jazz and Celtic by Bill Brenckle, guitar, vocals; Jon Peik, banjo, mandolin, vocals; Brian Baker, string bass; Jerry Loughney, fiddle, vocals, 262-510-1128, Wauwatosa.
- Acoustic Backroads - Ruth Sternemann, 262-719-4160, Delafield.
- Acoustic Jam & Open Mic - 2nd Thursdays, 6 to 9 p.m., at the Pauline Haas Public Library, N64 W23820 Main St., Sussex.ave Pelzek, 262-797-9484.
- Amazing Grass
Bluegrass, Tim Lewis, bass; Dennis Bricco, guitar; Scott Rudolph banjo; Chuck Thomas, mandolin, guitar, banjo, 920-469-0749, Green Bay.
- Apple Jam Band (2003) - Old time Music played on Mt. Dulcimers and other acoustic instruments. Deb DeMark, Mt. Dulcimer, 262-542-3227; Nick Busch, Mt. Dulcimer, 262-784-5373; Jeff Michalek, bass and acoustic guitar; Steve, harmonica, mandolin, percussion, Waukesha.
- Atlantic Wave - Irish, Scottish and Cape Breton traditional music. Kaitlin Hahn, fiddle; Barry Houlehen, guitar, lead vocals; John Karr, bodhran, bouzouki, vocals; Ed Paloucek, fiddle. Milwaukee.
- Andy's Automatics (2002)
Classic country, Andy Lubahn, guitar; Jeff Verner, bass; Mike Soffa, guitar; Tom Hansen, vocal, 920-232-0212, Oshkosh. Atlas - Irish traditional music Booking, 414-264-0992, Milwaukee.
- Mary Beth Anthony
Volcalist, Mary Beth Anthony, 262-442-9651, West Allis.
- Austin Healey Band
Variety band, all vocal plus Dave Simonis, fiddle, pedal steel, mandolin; Bonnie Garrigan, guitar; Mike Kinney, bass, guitar; Travis Plantico, percussion; Jeff Fischer, guitar; Mike Tank, guitar, 920-787-7932, central WI.
- Back Home Boys (1994) - Tim Severson, lead guitar; Joe Schroeder, drums, singer; Chad Nelson fiddle, singer; Mike Heartz, steele, lead guitar; Charlie Chapman, bass guitar. Greg Webster, lead singer, rhythm guitar, 608-326-6724, Prairie du Chien.
- Backroads - Bob Daniels, Ramblin' Rick, 414-425-6168, Milwaukee.
- Badgerland Bluegrass Association - Jams 2nd Sundays (except summer) from 2 to 4 p.m. at Next Chapter Bookshop, 10976 N. Port Washington Rd., Mequon.
- Peter Baime
Professional flamenco guitarist and a faculty member at Cardinal Stritch University, UWM and the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music. He has studied in Spain with guitarists Diego and Paco Gastor and has been a leading exponent of flamenco guitar in the Midwest. Baime has concertized extensively in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, with additional concerts in Spain, Canada, Italy and Mexico. He has worked regularly in Chicago since 1986 performing in concert, stage shows and clubs. Additionally he has appeared in more than 2,500 public schools as a performer and numerous Public Television and Radio broadcasts. He has five film scores to his credit and for his last effort he won an Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for his original musical score in a PBS Television documentary in the fall of 2000. Baime has accompanied leading flamenco dancers and singers, and has transcribed a large repertoire of flamenco pieces that are distributed internationally. Peter Baime, 414-961-0747, Glendale.
- Ed Bartoszuk
- The Bear Creek Band - Extremem variety and serious fun. FaceBook and MySpace, Dan Callan, 715-672-4491.
- Bronson Bergeson
Pro lead country picker with one foot in the blues. Knowledge of bluegrass dobro and pedal steel picker. Great gear, killer tone, fun professional attitude. Bronson Bergeson, Colfax.
- Lena Bezin - Banjo.
- Big Cedar Bluegrass Band (1992) - Marty Burch, 262-338-6954, West Bend.
- The Bikini Beachcomers - Old-time Hawaiian tunes.
- Blues Suede Shoes - A blues band that rocks. Dale Dickerson, 715-387-4051, Marshfield.
- BlueGrace - Bluegrass music, Bobby Tews, druns; Nate Lehner, bass; Sherry Drinkwine, percussion; Paul Mahn, banjo; Neal Letteney, guitar, 414-651-1960, Waukesha.
- Bluegrass Orphans (1997) - Bluegrass, Barry Reese, guitar; George Diak, mandolin; Lisa Steeno, bass; Scott Shank, dobro; Jim Robarts, banjo, 608-643-0049, Sauk City.
- Bluetrain - Gary Messinger, harmonica; Adam Sinclair, guitar; Dice Hamele, bass; Doug Lynch, guitar; Jim Jones, drums, 608-219-1042, Madison.
- Bounding Main - Going Overboard CD. Sextet, Big Jake, 262-366-8591, Racine.
- Donna Boxhorn
Violin, viola and guitar, Donna Boxhorn, Wind Lake.
- Joe Boxhorn
Guitar, Joe Boxhorn, 262-758-1215, Wind Lake.
- Carroll Brown
Upright or electric bass, harmonica, vocals. Play or sing bluegrass, country, folk, gospel, old time or western swing. Carroll D. Brown, 262-327-4117, Waukesha.
- Wilson Brown
Bass, harmonica, guitar, Wilson Brown.
- Al Brundage (1962)
Guitar and Mandolin.
- Greg Brundage
- Burnt Toast & Jam's (1986) - Dewgrass, Kurby Hoffman, banjo and guitar; Timothy L. Balke, guitar; Patrick Rades, guitar and lap steel; Tod Pubanz, bass; Jon Mohr, percussion, 715 421 2084, Wisconsin Rapids.
- Cactus Club - Bluegrass, Paul Cate, dobro; Mike O'Dair, banjo; Jeff Sarbacker, mandolin; Brian Cate, bass; Paul Kienitz, fiddle; Rick Francois, guitar, 608-424-3865, Belleville.
- Cathouse Drifters - 50s era country western and rockability. Twin guitars, steel, upright bass, and drums. Tex Walker, guitar, banjo; J. P. Cyr, upright bass; Hank Thomas, guitars, 262-424-0512, Waukesha.
- Cayuse Cowboys
Country Western dance and Cowboy music. Cedar Grove Slim, guitar; Miss Kate, bass; Silver Dollar Jon, fiddle and bass; Miss Ellen, madolin; Weeds Wedekind, banjo; 920-946-1036, Sheboygan.
- Cedar Creek Jam - Wednesday's at Emily's in Cedar Creek. Musicians of Big Cedar, Pickin' Up Speed and other fine pickers attend, 262-677-0138.
- Ceol Cairde - Ed, Kristina, Al, Harry, Sue.
- Chasin' Mason (2003) - Josh, guitar, vocals; Donn, bass guitar; Ryan, guitar; Johnny, drums; Billy O'Dwyer, vocal, 414-839-8117, Milwaukee.
- Cherokee Rose Band - Southern Rock, Country Music and a light mix of classic rock. All vocals plus John Whitt, lead guitar; Ben Bauman bass guitar; Wylie Mueller, guitar; Brian Rusch, keyboard; Keith Schani, drums; Wade Bumgarner, guitar, 920-993-8169, Appleton.
- Evan Christian
- Clintonville - Fiddler/Penny Whistler - Irish, Old Timey, Contradance, Polka, Rock. Fiddler, 715-823-3696.
- Barbara Joseph Cohen - Marimba, Barbara Cohen, Milwaukee.
- Compass Rose String Band - (Disbanded 2006) Bluegrass, country, folk, gospel, Irish, swing and traditional music; accoustic band. Glenn Gossett, 12-string guitar, lead and back up vocals and front man; Mary Wolfgram, fiddle; Mary Jo Garinger, lead and back up vocals and percussion; Dick Miller, mandolin, 6-string and jokes; Wilson Brown, upright bass and harmonica; Carroll Brown, bass, harmonica and spoons; Clay Siegl, harmonica, bass and dobro; Anna Sparks, fiddle and bass; Gary Rosema, 6 string, vocals; Joe Garinger, banjo and upright bass, 414-425-8426, Muskego.
- Cork "N Bottle String Band (1996) - Dave Landau, guitar; Jim Wright, banjo; Kurt Kellesvig, bass; Pat Logterman, Madison.
- Country Express - Country western, bluegrass, traditional and top 40 country music. Chad Karnitz, pedal steel, steel and lead guitar; Cindy Karlin, keyboards; Jeff Kolbeck drums; Verlin Kolbeck, bass guitar; Glenn Runnels, fiddle, mandolin, lead guitar; Jerry Schmitt, vocals, 715-687 2174, Stratford.
- Country Twist - Julie Helmer, vocal; Dana Ostrom, guitar; Chad Helmer, drums; Mary Lydic, fiddle and keyboard; Jerry Helmer, bass; 608-827-8278, Madison.
- Cream City (Disbanded 2010) - Gospel and bluegrass with vocals, Andy Struthers, guitar and mandolin; Ryan Hanley, mandolin; Tom Summers, dobro and guitar; Harvey Riekoff, banjo, 262-639-4192; Jerry Williams, string bass; Mary Stetson, fiddle, 414-535-1955, Milwaukee.
- Crossroads Coffeehouse - Acoustic Folk, bluegrass, acoustic rock performers invited for open microphone. Third Friday of every month, 7:15 to 9:30 p.m. at 2020 Main St., Cross Plains. No cover charge. Joe Snare, 608-798-2080.
- Rudy Custer
Guitar, Rudy Custer, North Lake.
- Kathy Dahl - Bluegrass, Kathy Dahl.
- Dalmatia Bratje - Slovenian accordion rhythms.
- Dangerous Folk (2003)
Sing-along concerts of favorite songs that we all remember. Julie Thompson, Doug Esty, David HB Drake, 414-702-6053, Milwaukee.
- Dantes Bop - Vintage country, rockabilly, pop and originals. Two guitars, bass and drums. Jerome Unger, 414-406-7644, Mequon.
- Sherry DePolis - Country, bluegrass, folk music, music the whole family can enjoy! Sherry DePolis, 715-635-3386, Spooner.
- Der Drehorgelmann
Organ grinder John Miller, 414-379-1960, Milwaukee.
- The Desert Sound Ensemble - Mid-eastern, mid-western melodies.
- Desperate Ottos - Otto Shape, guitar; Otto B. Fishin, bass guitar; Otto Whack, drums; Otto Nobetter, vocal; Skip E-De-Do-Dotto, pedal steel; John Lueders, Waupaca.
- Det & Seth Foerster Band - Need info.
- The deVillebillies - Dave Hall, 608-635-4953, Poynette.
- Dale Dickerson
Bass guitar, Dale Dickerson, 715-387-4051, Marshfield.
- Down From the Hills - Bluegrass, Bill McWilliam, banjo, guitar; Jim Lottridge, guitar, mandolin; Laura Kvalheim, fiddle, guitar; Dave Bacholl, upright bass, guitar; Pat Downing, mandolin, fiddle, melodion, Blanchardville.
- Dreams & Train Smoke
Folk, Americana and acoustic blues. John Norland, Pat Wynes, Alan Lemke, 608-884-7576, Edgerton.
- Brian Drow
Singer and songwriter, acoustic guitar and harp (harmonica), performs folk, blues, country and pop. Originals: Blues Juice Hotel; Dream Train; Freedom Will Rise; Hitch Hike Waltz; How Ya Learn; Chocolate Everytime; The Train Song; I Wish I Had A Flute; Jump In That River; The Story (Long Road); Ain't No Words; The Wisdom of Gravity; You Know It's True; Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah; I Won't Back Down. Brian Drow, 414-543-9088, Greenfield.
- Dave Dunn
Dave Dunn, guitar, Germantown.
- Kurt vonEckroth - Zithest, German and viennese favorites.
- Daniel Ertel - Plays fiddle and guitar in the blues, rock, country, and bluegrass genres. Daniel Ertel, 920-720-9893, Neenah.
- Bob Estes - Guitar.
- Dan Ewart - Guitar, Greenfield.
- Fair Webber - An enjoyable mix of folk-rock, country, blues and gospel, along with many original songs. Quartet available for festivals and small gatherings. An enjoyable mix of folk-rock, country, blues and gospel, along with many original songs. Available for festivals and small gatherings. Tom and Barb Webber, 414-543-7850, Milwaukee.
- Fairland - Five piece Family Bluegrass band with Teri Rass, bass; Erin Kipp, mandolin; Calyn Rass, banjo; Hana Rass, fiddle; Dan Rass, guitar and mandolin, 920-825-7511, Brussels.
- Rick Fitzgerald
Folksinger, songwriter, guitar, mandolin, dulcimer. Root River Music, Rick Fitzgerald, 414-916-7004, Franklin.
- Flip Side - Two guitars.
- The Flood - Vocals and instrumentals. Stand-up bass; acoustic guitar; Cole Heinrich, electric guitar and vocals .
- The Floppy Cowboys - Tim Bohnenkamp, De Soto.
- Folk Jam
Info on acoustic Bluegrass, old-time, Irish, fiddle, roots and acoustic jam sessions.
- 4th St Elevator - Jen Centron, vocals; Phil Schwin, mandolin; Ryan Eckert and Garreth Lippe, guitars; Isaiah Rembert, violin; Mike DeNomie, bass.
- Fox and Branch
Family and kids Folk tunes, acoustic blues, old-time and traditional American music, Celtic and Cajun fiddle tunes, and New Orleans-Jazz-flavored swing and pop standards. William Branch, guitar and vocals, 414-647-9405, Milwaukee; Dave Fox, guitar, fiddle and washboard; 414-475-5497, Milwaukee.
- Sue Franke - Guitar and vocal.
- Freshwater Bluegrass
Gospel and bluegrass with vocals. Bill Garvey, guitar and vocals; Don Damaschke, mandolin and vocals; Dennis Waltman, dobro and vocals;Melissa Baccash, fiddle, guitar and vocals; Greg Holmes, upright acoustic bass; Harvey Riekoff, 262-497-3024, Racine.
- Front Porch Boys - Bluegrass authenticity. Jim Price, mandolin; Tom Nowlin, banjo; Greg Spencer, upright bass; Clark Speck, guitar, 414-897-7073, Waukesha.
- The Garlic Mustard Pickers (2003)
Acoustic eclectic Celtic instrumental music. Slibh Russel, Morgan Megan, Bobby Groth, 414-764-0612, South Milwaukee.
- Philip Gatewood Band - Philip Gatewood, 414-916-5252, Milwaukee.
- Dan Geddes - Guitar.
- Genesee Ridge Bluegrass Band
Began in 2012, e-mail. Donald Moore, bass; Ruth Sternemann, guitar and percussion; Joshua Stewart, banjo and guitar; Rich Schwartz, mandolin, 262-719-4160, Hartland.
- Glenn Gossett
12 string guitar and sings, Glenn Gossett.
- Grass & Eclectic Company - Bluegrass, Steve McDermott, guitar; John Bashaw, banjo; Jeff Couillard, bass; Bob McDermott, mandolin, 262-367-2700, Nashota.
- Greenfield Public Library Acoustic Jam - Last Mondays, 6 to 8 p.m. Grenfield Public Library, 5210 W. Layton Ave., Greenfield. Phillip Spitzer, 414-321-9595, ext 116.
- Green Sails - Irish Folk Music and Song. Amy, Sandy and Bonnee "Beth" Lugauer, Milwaukee.
- Mike Gregory
Banjos made, played, repaired, remodeled. Formerly famous Moustache Mike. Mike Gregory, 414-482-4809, Brown Deer.
- Mike Greylak - Banjo, 414-817-6863, Milwaukee.
- Grumpystiltskyn Jug Band - Darrell David Dobbs , guitar; Nancy Gregory, washboard; Greg Gregory, bass banjo; Michael Gregory, 5-string banjo, 414-482-4814, Milwaukee.
- Hand-Picked Bluegrass - Bluegrass, Susan Cronick, guitar; Robin Mileham, standup bass, 715-360-2599; Joe Cronick, mandolin, 715-453-8037, Tomahawk.
- Harbor Lighthouse - 6 pc mix of guitar, bass, drums, piano, dobro, banjo, mandolin, pedal steel guitar and fiddle. Gospel music, ranging in styles between southern-style country, country-western, and bluegrass, with mostly original songs. Bruce Pieper, 715-453-3575, Tomahawk.
- Hartland Music Jam - Monthly the Third Tuesday, 7-9 p.m., at Hartland Music, 1125 James Dr. (off Hwy 83 just south of Hwy 16), Hartland, 262-367-5333.
- The Hawaiian Hillbillies - A wonderful multi-instrumentalist and vocalist, a great percussionist, and ultimate variety band thing with the craziest instrument combos you'll ever see. Lisa Horngren, 414-328-1727, West Allis.
- The Hawthorne Hills Band - Bluegrass, Americana, acoustic. Erin Craig, mandolin, fiddle; Jim Towar, lead guitar; Bill Armstrong, dobro; guitar; Mark Wundrock, banjo; Steven Stokes, bass,414-303-8419, Thiensville.
- Cole Heinrich
Flood Band. Guitar and instructions. Cole Heinrich, 612-387-2456.
- High Water - Bluegrass of Dale Reichert, banjo and dobro; Bruce King, mandolin; Stephanie Stevenson; and Art Stevenson, 715-884-6996, Babcock.
- Lyle Holthaus - Guitar.
- Honkytonk Attitude (1992) - Outlaw country and classic rock band. Maynard Dahl, bass, 608-989-2431; Scott Braun, drums; Kristina Gilberg, vocals; "Farmer Stan" Dirvin, lead guitar and piano, Nick Lee, vocals and guitar, 608-989-2393. Trempeleau and LaCrosse Counties.
- Lisa Horngren
Teaches guitar, mandolin, bass, banjo, fiddle and Bluegrass jamming. Lisa Horngren, slap bass. Moved from West Allis to Tennessee in September, 2005, to play with Johnny Cash's band, The Tennessee Three.
- Hounds Tooth Blues (2006) - Matt Beeman and Mike Kay, guitars; Chris Peck, bass; Jeff Oscarson, drum; J.D. Optekar, guitar, 414-828-6395, Milwaukee.
- Ishkabibel - Bluegrass duo, Joe Kabibel, guitar; Scott Ish, banjo, Green Bay.
- Jackie And Some Guy
Duo from the lake country of southeastern Wisconsin. Country, folk and pop classics. The lovely and talented Jackie combines her sweet vocals and lilting harmonies with the dark and rugged country outlaw style of "scruffy dawg" Some Guy. Jackie Nicholson and Rudy Custer, North Lake.
- The Jefferson County Bluegrass Band - Doug Hodge, 608-752-6321, Janesville.
- Jeff's Jam - The Acoustic Music Jam, monthly on the second and fourth Friday at 8 p.m., at the Lord of Glory Church (on Route 120 between Allegheny and Hainesville Roads), Grayslake.
- Jefferson Bluegrass Jam - Monthly second Saturday, 3-7 p.m., at Landmark Tavern, Hwy 26, Jefferson.
- Bill Jorgensen Bluegrass Band, The - Traditional bluegrass and country music. Jennie, fiddle; John, bass; Ryan, guitar; and Bill Jorgensen, banjo, the Father of Wisconsin Bluegrass, 920-743-1244, Sturgeon Bay.
- Bill Jorgenson's Monthly Jam - Monthly on last Sunday, 1-5 p.m., at Tom's Garage, 222 W. Franklin St., Appleton, 920-882-2183.
- Leslie Judd - Composer, Kenosha.
- Jump Ship Blues Band - We'll play the blues or swing for you, with style. Eric Grasamkee, harp; Erich Carlson, guitar; Harley Pryne, drums; Tedd Schmidt, vocals; Rich Johnson, bass, 715-325-2815, Wisconsin Rapids.
- Just Pete (1981) - Country, Pete Skeris, 920-457-6670, Sheboygan.
- Karl and the Country Dutchman - German Polka band. Karl Hartwood, concertina; Mollie Busta, keyboard.
- Ke Aloha Aku - Hawiian Dancers.
- Kenosha Hootenanny (1988) - Singalong and jam meets 1st Friday (except March and November are 2nd Friday), 7 to 9 p.m.. Anderson Arts Center, 6603 3rd Ave., Kenosha. Karie Greidanus, 262-658-1478; or Marialyce Kornkven, 262-654-6840, Kenosha.
- KR Bluegrass Jams - Various Thursdays and Saturdays at Route 20 Outhouse, 14001 Washington Ave., Sturtevant, 262-898-7900. Kathy Dahl
- KG and The Ranger
For a musical ride through the sagebrush. Classic cowboy songs, yodeling and trick rope-spinning. Karen Gogolick and Rick Roltgen, 608-222-4084, Madison.
- King & Cos - Atypical tunes, house concerts and parties. Virginia King and John Costigan, guitars and vocals, 262-652-1850, Kenosha.
- John King - Guitar, Wauwatosa.
- King's Trio (1986) - Blend of Country, Bluegrass and Southern Gospel. George Olinske, 715-289-4845, Cadott.
- Bob Kister
Banjo, Bob Kister, 262-639-1034, Racine.
- The Kitchen Boys - Appalachian and Celtic, Aaron Hefferman, banjo and guitar. Aaron Hefferman, 414-380-9888, Milwaukee.
- Paul Klonowski - Banjo and vocal.
- Krause Family Band (2005) - Bluegrass, Rick Krause, guitar and mandolin; Katie Krause; Ruthie Krause, fiddle; David Hall, guitar and banjo; Pete Olig, bass.
- KR Bluegrass - Old Time Bluegrass and Gospel music. Also frequent jams. Kathy Dahl, vocals, guitar; Mike Greylak, banjo; Marlis Petrovec, bass; Rose Seeger, vocals, fiddle, 262-995-3252, Sturtevant.
- Inna Larsen - Solo Nord Musikk, Norwegian Hardanger Fiddle, Inna Larsen and Jeff Larsen, jazz guitar , 608-236-0468, Madison.
- The Lawrence Family - Melissa Lawrence, 262-658-2990, Kenosha.
- George Lawrence - Bluegrass, George Lawrence.
- Joey Leal - Guitarist and vocals, Greenfield.
- Tomm Lehnigk - Singer, guitarist, entertainer. Tom Lehnigk, 262-544-9794, Waukesha.
- Lekspel - Swedish and Scandinavian folk and dance band. Lisa Horngren, 414-328-1727, West Allis.
- Liberty Bluegrass Band (2006) - (Update needed) Bluegrass and Americana. Gary Flach, guitar; Ryan Hanley, mandolin; Joe Garringer, upright bass; James Brocksmith, banjo, 414-803-7477, Franklin.
- Tony Linz - Tony Linz, guitar and vocal.
- Mikhail Litvin
Madolin, Mikhail Litvin, 414-906-1866, Milwaukee.
- Lonesome Rogues - Bluegrass, Thomas, Madison.
- Loose Strings (1997)
Performing country blues, boogie grass and western swing music. Aljohn Pieper, acoustic lead guitar, harmonica; Dave Poffinbarger, acoustic upright bass; Rev. Jme Saegert, washboard and percusion; Mike Dennis, dobro, steel guitar; Tim Krogman, acoustic rhythm guitar; Dave Simonis, fiddle and mandolin; Dave Poffinbarger; acoustic upright bass; Mike Dennis, dobro, steel guitar; Kelly Wohlbier, drums; Stevens Point.
- John Losiniecki
Bass, fiddle, mandolin and ragtime piano, John Losiniecki, 414-264-9545, Milwaukee.
- Lucky Break - Jerry Wicentowski, Scott Vestal, banjo; Andy Statman, mandolin; Byron Berline, fiddle; Tim O'Brien, vocal; Mark Hembree, bass.
- Madison Bluegrass Jam Mondays, 6:30 - 10:30 p.m., at The Dry Bean, 5264 Verona Rd., Madison, 608-274-2326.
- Paul Mahn
Banjo player. 43 years experience in bluegrass country and recording. Paul Mahn, Milwaukee, 414-541-5000.
- Make Our Own (MOO) - Acoustic Jam every third Friday, 6 to 8 p.m. First United Methodist Church, 121 Wisconsin Ave., Waukesha, 262-542-4256. Tony Linz, guitar, 262-951-0949; or Joe Boxhorn, guitar, 262-758-1215, Wind Lake.
- Jeff Mann
Banjo, Jeff Mann, Wales.
- Sean McGibany - Vocals, banjo and guitar. Enjoys performing at Farmer's Markets. Milwaukee.
- Blaine McQuinn - Banjo and fiddle. Fort Atkinson.
- Mecan River Ramblers - Bluegrass, Keith Keehn, bass; Rebecca Patek, fiddle; Mark Schafhauser, guitar; Mike Smith, mandolin; Patrick Canney, banjo, 262-251-6770, Menomonee Falls.
- Ed Merriman - Civil War style guitar, Ed Merriman, Kenosha.
- The Messengers - Premier bluegrass gospel. Erin Kipp, mandolin; Calyn Rass, banjo; Hana Rass, fiddle; Teri Rass, bass; Daniel Rass, guitar, 920-825-7511, Brussels.
- Middle Spunk Creek Boys - Chuck Kreitzer, bass; Bruce Jaeger, mandolin, fiddle; Mark Kreitzer, banjo, guitar, fiddle, mandola; Alan Jesperson, guitar, 612-727-2489, St. Paul, MN.
- The Mighty Lumberhorn
A new standard in hillbilly music. B. J. McCrow, lumberhorn, bass, guitar; Boy Howdy, banjo, guitar; Jeffro, American Tourister drumset; Heather Lewin-Tiarks, fiddle, 414-774-1353, Milwaukee.
- The Mil-Town Ramblers (2000)
Great young Bluegrass super singers and pickers. Nathan Sitzman, mandolin, 414-915-1825; Chad Witty, banjo, 414-704-6248; Seth Foerester, guitar, 262-893-4859; Lisa Horngren, 414-328-1727, West Allis.
- Dick Miller
Mandolin, banjo, sings, Dick Miller, 414-321-9957, Greenfield.
- Missing String Band - Bluegrass, Chris McGarry, guitar; Chris Coyier, mandolin; Harmony Greenhalgh, fiddle; Drew Stathus, standup bass, Walworth County.
- Mississippi Sawyer
Old time songs. Jenny Schrank, washboard, vocals, guitar, saw, kazoo, 414-861-4160; Lamont Proper, washtub bass; Tucker Brand, banjo, vocals, suitcase drum, 414-339-6431, Milwaukee.
- Mud River Lee Band - Bluegrass, Lee Modder, 414-964-3880, Milwaukee.
- Mud River Lee & the Bluegrass Orchestra - Bluegrass, Barbara Meyer-Spidell, 414-333-3334, Milwaukee.
- Mike Mueller
(1972) - Banjo, Mequon.
- Dan Muniz
Guitar, 262-634-2775, Racine.
- Warren Nelson - Wrote and sings the Outdoor Wisconsin Theme Song.
- Neon Nights - Country band featuring 96' Hodag Champion Keith Zorn with Danny Lee, Kris Koeppe and. Hodag Finalist Just Pete, 920-207-8912, Sheboygan.
- Michael Nepper - Guitar.
- New Crew Band - Blues. Duke Baker, drums; Rick Swadley, bass; Bob Corbit, sax; John Davis, guitar, Madison.
- The New Pioneers - Bluegrass, Jerry Wicentowski, guitar; Bruce King, mandolin; Bruce King Jr., bass; Paul Kienitz, fiddle; Mike Schmidt, banjo, Spring Green.
- Jackie Nicholson
Guitars, vocals, Jackie Nicholson, Delafield.
- No Brakes Bluegrass Band
Progressive and traditional bluegrass. Lisa Horngren, guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, bass, nickelharpa; John Losinecki, bass, fiddle, mandolin; Brian Loebig, mandolin, banjo, guitar, bass. Milwaukee.
- Nob Hill Boys - Traditional bluegrass music. Jon Peik, banjo; Dan O'brien, guitar, 608-241-9072; Paul Kienitz, fiddle; Joshua Perkins, bass; John Fabke, mandolin, 608-251-2104, Madison.
- North Country Drifters - Need info.
- Northern Trails - Traditional, contemporary, gospel, and instrumental bluegrass music. Randy King, fiddle and mandolin, Rey Hux, guitar; Howard Anderson, bass; Greg Kautz, banjo and dobro. Fox Cities area.
- Colin O'Brien - Banjo, fingerstyle and bluegrass guitar, Biography, Milwaukee.
- Katie O'Brien
- On a Wing and a Prayer - Dave Pelzek, 262-797-9474 and Jan, 262-251-3235.
- Orange Blossom Special Band (2001) - LaVerne Smikrud, guitar, banjo, mandolin, accordion; Gary Thill, drums; Jerry Dahl, guitar; Ivan Lutz, guitar; Dale Dahl, guitar, 608-582-4175, Galesville.
- The O'Shyttes - Irish Bluegrass Blues Rock. Tom Foley, bass; Dave Moss, Irish whistle, button accordian; Grant Ziolkowski, mandolin; Starr Moss, guitars; Heather Lewin-Tiarks, fiddle, 414-774-1353, Milwaukee.
- Off The Porch Band - Traditional, bluegrass and old time. Stephanie Ramer, resonator guitar; Catherine Rhyner, mandolin; Brad Wolbert, bass; Jonathan Ivry, fiddle; and Mark Schlutt, banjo. Three part harmonies with excellent instrumentation. Mary Helmke, autoharp and banjo, 608-838-4852, McFarland.
- Mike Parlow, - Guitar, Mike Parlow, 262-896-0490, Waukesha.
- Pebble Creek Crossing
An acoustic string band, with country, blues, pop, gospel, bluegrass and songs. Brett Kemnitz, vocals and upright string bass; Lorraine Hagedorn vocals and guitar; Patti Stotmeister, fiddle, vocals, guitar; Peter Lee, autoharp, vocals; Carroll Brown, harmonica, vocals, bass. Dave, 262-797-9474, Milwaukee.
- Phil Peters - Guitar and vocals.
- Pickin' Up Speed (1982)
Bluegrass. Jerry Smith, mandoloin; Ron Wedekind, banjo; Mike Stern, lead guitar; Poul Sandersen, bass; Linda Somers Sandersen, guitar, 414-961-0660, Whitefish Bay.
- Pike Creek Bluegrass Band (1977)
Traditional, original and modern bluegrass music. Mike Brey, guitar; Susan Jeske Dermody, fiddle; Mark Vitkus, mandolin; Scott J. DeKok, bass, 414-476-7441, Milwaukee.
- Piper Road Spring Band (1970) - Bob Mason, mandolin; John Widdecombe, bass; Andy Trout, guitar; Bill Kangaroo, washboard; Al Byla, fiddle, 262-473-6729, Whitewater.
- Plymouth Acoustic Jam - 1st Saturday, 6 to 9 p.m. Plymouth Arts Center, 520 E. Mill St., Plymouth. Info 920-892-8409.
- Dale Polichek - Banjo, Waukesha.
- Kristin Ponnamballam - Guitar.
- Pommersche Tanzdeel Freistadt - Traditional German folk music and dance group with string bass, flute, clarinet, or violin players to accompany dancers and vocalists. George Radtke, 262-253-1412, Mequon.
- Poplar Grove - Monthly the third Saturday, September through May, 1-5 p.m., at The Grove, SR-173 and Poplar Grove Rd., Poplar Grove, 815-877-2336.
- Martry Pospeshil - Guitar.
- Prairie Smoke - Bluegrass, Dale Peterson, guitar; Dan Abelman, banjo; Nate Paske, fiddle; Matt Morse, upright bass; Gregg Steinhaus, guitar. Portage.
- Rachelle & The Red Hot Rattlers - Seven piece high energy country with great vocal harmonies. Suitable for any venue from small to large. Multi award winners. Info.
- Jim Ramus - Acoustic guitarist plays Folk, Folk-rock or Americana. Jim Ramus, Whitefish Bay.
- Rattlesnake and Eggs
Country music with a bite! Jason Francis, rhythm guitar; Mike Dillon, lead guitar; Karen Wegge, drums; Gene Whoerle, bass guitar. Shauna Koerten, 715-295-9671, Stevens Point.
- Red Higgins and Yankee Train - Lisa Marie, lead/backup vocals; Steve Hamm, lead/rhythm guitar; Lance Gregorich, lead/rhythm guitar; Terry Liekie, bass; Todd Olson, drums; Mark Wayne, steel guitar. Red Higgins, lead vocals, 715-785-7755, Medford.
- Red Star Express (1993)
Traditional American Bluegrass and old-time music. Jerry Jost, mandolin; Eldon Klein, guitar; Chris Jost, guitar; John Losiniecke bass; Sue Woodward, fiddle; Sally Sikora, vocals; Mike Mathes, guitar, 920-894-2828, Newton.
- Reedy Buzzards (1992)
Vintage acoustic classic country heartbreakers, "brother" songs, blazing guitar, mandolin picking and gospel music. Tom Schwark, mandolin; Ruth Werner, guitar; Dean Werner, mandolin; Lisa Horngren, multi-instrument, 414-328-1727, West Allis.
- The Replay Band
Jean Reed , keyboard; Steve Arnold, guitar; Erin Reed, keyboard; Tom Germiat, bass; Greg Reed, drums, 920-735-0589, Appleton.
- River City Ramblers (1979)
Traditional Bluegrass with Andrea Christopherson, fiddle; Jim Ellenson, guitar; Don Willson-Broyles, dobro; John Herman, bass; Andy Muenich, banjo, 715-834-8565, Eau Claire.
- River Road - Irish music. Paul Grevsmuehl, guitar; Matthew Grevsmuehl, bodran; Melissa Grevsmuehl, penny whistle; Mary Stetson, fiddle and vocal, 414-535-1955, Milwaukee.
- Roberts String Quartet (2004) - Classical, folk, bluegrass. Jacob Sudbrink and Margaret Jarvis, violins; Heather Lewin-Tiarks, cello; T J Hull, viola; Booking, Milwaukee.
- Dave Rogers Blues Band - La Crosse.
- Roller Mills String Band - Wisconsin Dulcimer, The Roller Mills String Band, Dulcimer News, Hammered and Mountain Dulcimer. Jim Burch, fiddle and mandolin; Mike Stern, guitar; Jerry Williams upright bass; Dale Palecek, hammered dulcimer, 262-268-7052, Port Washington.
- Walter J. Roob
Passed away June 20, 2014. Harmonica, sing, dance, jokes, entertainment and fun. 414-643-6430, Brookfield.
- Bob Ropiak
Published songwriter and solo country/gospel/comedy performer. Plays guitar and mandolin, Bob Ropiak, 262-633-8338, Racine.
- Gary Rosema
Guitar and sings, Gary Rosema.
- Michael Rospenda - King of the Street Corner Musicians and Wisconsin's Premier Upside Down Banjo Player, Michael Rospenda, banjo, 920-991-2766, Appleton.
- Round Barn Acoustic Jam, Sing Reunion Jam & Potluck Supper - Held the third Saturday of January. Play or sing bluegrass, blues, country, folk, gospel, old time or western swing. Grace Church, 4800 S. Calhoun Rd., New Berlin. Carroll D. Brown, 262-327-4117, Waukesha.
- Round The Bend (2000) - Sherry Crownhart, mandolin; Mike Cunningham, bass; Don Engelhart, guitar; Carolyn Hegeler, banjo; Doug Hodge, bass; Fred Newmann, fiddle. 608-238-6863, Madison.
- Route 20 Bluegrass Jam - 1st and 3rd Thursdays, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, bass, dobro or vocal. Route 20 Outhouse, 14001 Washington Ave., Sturtevant. Kathy Dahl or George, 262-898-7900.
- Paul Ruppa - Mandolin, Paul Ruppa, 414-964-3738, Milwaukee.
- Sawdust Symphony - Al Brundage, mandolin, guitar, bass; Greg Brundage, guitar, bass; Mike Mueller, banjo; John Losiniecki, bass, banjo, fiddle, accordion, Milwaukee.
- Ann Sayner - Violin and fiddle, Ann Sayner, Madison.
- Jenny Schrank
Guitar, vocals, washboard. Jenny Schrank, 414-861-4160, Bay View.
- Rich Schwartz
Mandolin, Rich Schwartz, 262-719-3549, Hartland.
- Sheboygan Community Open Mic - 2nd Friday, 6 p.m., at Wesley UMC, 823 Union Ave, Sheboygan. Ann Bullis 920-458-4889.
- Shitz & Giggles - Country-Western Dance every 2nd Saturday from 7 to 11 p.m. at American Legion Hall-Post 81. Gary & Sandy Magnuson, 608-847-2424, Mauston.
- Clay Siegl - Harmonica, bass and dobro.
- Slopgrass - Jeff Sachs, upright bass, fiddle, banjo, guitar, jug, mandolin; Gavin Schaberg, banjo, guitar, mandolin; Stef Lee, guitar, upright bass, fiddle, wooden spoons; James Soukup, washtub, upright bass; 715-693-2435, Mosinee.
- Smoked Chubs (2001) - Pru Palecek, guitar; Jim Price, mandolin; Jon Stoll, fiddle; Charlie Malec, upright bass; Dale Palecek, banjo, 262-268-7052, Port Washington.
- Sloppy Joe - Bluegrass, Gavin Schaberg, banjo, mandolin, guitar; Stef Lee, guitar, bass, wooden spoons; Jeff Sachs, upright bass, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, jug; Jimers Soukup, washtub bass, upright bass; Jimers Soukup, 715-693-2435, Mosinee.
- LaVerne G Smikrud - Singer, songwriter, musician, recording artist. Guitar, banjo, mandolin, accordion. Country and Bluegrass music. LaVerne G Smikrud, 715-984-2260, Osseo.
- Smith Brothers - Rudy Smith, Mike Smith and Jackie Nicholson.
- Southbound (1988)
Hard-driving country sound with a road house edge. Lawrie, bass guitar; Todd, drums, vocals; Brian Baumann, lead guitar, vocals; Chelle Baumann, keyboard, acoustic guitar, vocals, 715-345-2713, Plover.
- Southern Wisconsin Bluegrass Association - SWBAI Jam fourth Saturday monthly, 3-6 p.m., at Weary Traveler, 1201 Williamson St., Madison.
- Sparetime Bluegrass Band - Lisa Steeno, bass;Bobby Steeno, madolin; Jim Robarts, banjo;Bobby Batyko, 608-575-9945, Madison.
- Anna Sparks - Fiddle and bass.
- Elmer Sparks
Guitar, Elmer Sparks, 262-662-9805, Mukwonago.
- Spring City Grass (1995) - Bluegrass, Tom Johnston, banjo, mandolin; Kim Knutson, fiddle; Bob Laitenen, mandolin; Lynda Pilon, bass; Harlan Pilon, guitar, 262-547-6290, Waukesha.
- The Squezeties - Accordion fun.
- Sreangan Bin - Bowed Psalteries, music for some occasions. Barbara Hilbert and CC Fredericka Westgaard, 414-421-1598, Milwaukee.
- John Stano - Guitar, mandolin, button accordion, National slide guitar and warm vocals combine to create a richly textured, unique sound. John Stano, Shorewood.
- Stealin' Strings - Ryan Ogburn, mandolin, guitar, harmonica, vocals; Rob Shivley, guitar, harmonica, vocals; Jordan Kroger, bass; Scott Krenzke, drums. 262-387-0061, Cedarburg.
- Sandy Carl Stehling - Guitar.
- Mary Stetson
Irish and Bluegrass music. Master of Arts in Viola Performance from UW-Milwaukee. Plays with Cream City and River Road. Mary Stetson, fiddle and vocal, 414-535-1955, Milwaukee.
- Sting-Rays - Bluegrass, Info, Madison.
- Stone Sober - Ryan Gustafson, guitar; Scott Alsup, lead guitar; Bobby Wagner, drums; Lee Claflin, bass; Dan Rass, lead guitar, 920-495-9969, Sturgeon Bay.
- The Stellanovas - Chris Wagoner and Mary Gaines.
- Straight Up BlueGrass
Traditional bluegrass and more. Terry Bane, guitar; Bill Bane, bass; Rob Anderson, mandolin; James Block, fiddle; Michael Rospenda, banjo, 920-991-2766, Appleton.
- Strait & Narrow - Bluegrass gospel music for the glory of God. Ed Bartoszuk, base guitar; Bob Ropiak, mandolin; Bob Kister, banjo, 262-639-1034, Dan Muniz, guitar, 262-634-2775, Racine.
- Strangers Band - Classic country music that will get you dahcning. Awsome lead guitar, steel and fiddle. - Gene Schmidt, 608-427-3473, Camp Douglas.
- Chris Straw - Guitar.
- String Ties - Bluegrass, Wayne Beezley, mandolin,; Kevin Blom, fiddle; Hans Mayer, bass; Tom Pfaff, banjo; Dan Sebranek, guitar, 608- 452-3917, Coon Valley.
Disbanded October, 2002. Wisconsin's Ambassador's of Country Music. Bruce A. Singstock, 920-235-1538, Oshkosh.
- Macyn Taylor
Guitar and singing, YouTube, Macyn Taylor, 262-337-0794, Delafield.
- Texas '55 (1993)
Rockability and classic Country. Rob Laplander, guitar, 414-328-0605; Jim Szymanski, guitar; Trinie Hornburg, keyboard; Ken Miller, drums;, Lisa Horngren, slap bass, 414-328-1727, West Allis.
- Theiss and O'Connor - Original, Irish, and traditional folk music with a few stories thrown in. Larry Theiss, guitar; occasional guest musicians; Lin O'Connor; vocals; Bill O'Connor, guitar; 414-315-1814, Wauwatosa.
- The Thistledown Thunders - Bluegrass, Brian Krause, 414-759-8116, Milwaukee.
- .357 String Band - Banjovi, banjo; Derek, guitar; Jayke, mandolin; Rick, upright bass. Info, 414-736-1610, Milwaukee.
- Three Mile Creek Bluegrass - Kewaunee County.
- Julie Thompson
Folk and country songs, Julie Thompson, Milwaukee.
- Mark Thone
Bass, Mark Thone, Menomonee Falls.
- Tim and the Floppy Cowboys (1992) - Top 40 country but also do some old country, and southern rock. Tim Bohnenkamp, De Soto.
- Time and a Half Band - Country, bluegrass and folk. Roger Glenna, 608-784-0100, La Crosse.
- The Tracks Outta Town (2001) - Railroad and train music, rock, blues, country, western, bluegrass, Texas swing. Dennis Lynch, keyboards; Bob Corbit, saxophone; Dave Roever, drums; Bill Powell, bass; Mike Forkal, guitar, fiddle; Steve Baillies, 608-825-0182, Madison.
- Trails End String Band - Bluegrass, Greg Bennett, fiddle; Mark Kunkel, guitar; David Stabbe mandolin; Brian Hirsh, bass, 608 206-0655, Madison.
- Trillium - Fold guitar trio.
- Trio Du Monde - Classic continental civility.
- The Ukuladies (2009) - Ukulele women musician's group. Practices at Brass Bell Music Store, 200 W. Silver Spring Dr., Glendale. Mary Backus, Fox Point.
- Dick Valgrt - Guitar, Dick Valgrt, 262-284-4409, Port Washington.
- Vokalna Skupina Korijeni - Croation folklore singing group. Anna Marie Hosticka, Alto 2; Jason Ottmann, Tenor; Leah Lenardic, Alto; Ann Lebar, Alto / Soprano; Natali Jankovic, Alto; Vesna Spehar, Alto 2. Contact, Milwaukee.
- Zachary Wade - Singer and songwriter, classic and original songs, Zachory Kranz, Grafton.
- Waukesha Bluegrass and Old Time Jam - 1st Saturdays from 1 to 4 p.m. at Waukesha Church of Christ, 2816 Madison St. Waukesha. Greg Spencer, 262-470-3644; Clark Speck, 414-581-1565.
- Mark Wayne
Pedal steel guitarist and vocalist, Mark Wayne, 715- 612-0648, Tomahawk.
- Tom and Barb Webber (2000) - Traditional and contemporary folk, country, blues, rockabilly, bluegrass and even some classic rock. Also Lon and Andy. Tom Webber, 414-543-7850, Milwaukee.
- Tom Wendtland
Old Time Country, accordion, Tom Wendtland.
- Bob Westfall Band - Need info.
- Whiskey River Band (1977)
Bonnie Peronto, vocals; Vince Boehlen, drums; Brent Clauson, steel guitar, fiddle, guitar; James Peronto, bass guitar; and Al Blau, guitar, harp and keyboard, 920-922-7385, Fond Du Lac.
- Wild Heart
Carmel Willett, vocals; Theresa Peart, vocals; Preacher Man, vocals, lead guitar; Siggy, drums; Jeff Root, bass, 608-576-9769 or 608-697-3565, Madison.
- Greg Winkler - A variety of original acoustic music from upbeat and humorous songs to passionate ballads. Songwriter, guitarist, Greg Winkler, Janesville.
- Aidan White - Banjo, 414-216-1762, Milwaukee.
- Chad Whitty
- Mike Woitowicz - Solo banjo entertainment. Michael J. Woitowicz, banjo, 262-245-5516, Williams Bay.
- Mary Wolfgram
Violin and teaches violin, Mary Wolfgram.
- Wooden Bridges
Disbanded in 2012. Country, bluegrass, old time, Celtic, traditional and gospel music. Rudy Custer, guitar; Jeff Mann, banjo; Mark Thone, bass; Rich Schwartz, mandolin; 262-719-3549, Hartland.
- Eric Wright - Guitar.
- Irina Yanovskaya
Guitar, Irina Yanovskaya, 414-228-6517, Fox Point.
- Steven Yeo - Tenor ukulele, concertina, digital art and photography. Steven Yeo.