Musicians and groups which play music for anniversaries, celebrations, dances, dinners, parties, receptions and special occasions.
- A Touch of Brass Jazz Combo - Elegant dance and background music, all styles. 3 to 6 players as needed. Sandy LaClair, 608-221-2930 or 1-888-608-2930, Madison.
- Joe Aaron
Passed away June 7, 2013. Plateau clarinet since 1937, Bayside.
- Rick Aaron
Trio includes Hetzel and Kreitzman. Flute, Rick Aaron, 414-364-9532, Milwaukee.
- Albert Abena - Saxophone, Albert Abena, Milwaukee.
- Adekola Adedapo
Jazz, Blues and traditional African vocals since 1978, storyteller and actress, Adekola Adepapo, 414-931-8847, Milwaukee.
- Naima Adedapo
Jazz singer, American Idol contestant, Milwaukee.
- Dan Albrechtson and Friends
Rob Moore, bass and vocals; Robert Lapaz, guitar; Don Sheskey, perucssion; Dan Albrechtson, jazz pianist, 262-547-6057, Waukesha.
- Terry Albright - Tuba, Milwaukee.
- All Star Super Band (2000) - 13 or 16 piece band available for all occasions. Warren Wiegratz, Jason Gillette, Brad Blum, Mike Pauers, saxophones; Tom Utchig, drums; Brett Murphey, Kaye Berigan, Dale Elenich, Matt Antoniewicz, trumpets; Herb Draeger, Chuck Barnes, Dale Deeds, Mike Franceschi, trombones; Steve Lewandowski, guitar; Susan Russell, vocalist; Gary Christensen, upright bass, bass guitar, guitar, piano, voice and Director, 414-333-7812, Milwaukee.
- Jay Allison
Plays salsa with Punto de Vista Latin Orchestra, freelance jazz and Dixieland, teacher, trombone, Milwaukee.
- Sherwood Alper
Drummer, vocalist, comedian... haberdasher, too! Former member of Four Lads. Sherwood Alper, 414-281-8136, Milwaukee.
- Ambiance Music - Jazz and Latin jazz. Duo, trio, quartet, ensemble. Marianne Strand, 608-249-5444, Madison.
- Al Anderson
Trombone jazz, big band, Dixie. Al Anderson, 34 years as music teacher now reitred, 920-261-5553 or 920-253-8550, Watertown.
- Andy Anderson
Banjo and vocals, Wilmot.
- Tom Anderson
- Norma Angeli
- Matt Antoniewicz - Trumpet, Matt Antoniewicz, 414-460-2319, Milwaukee.
- Samuel A. Armato
Sam passed away December 31, 2014. Plateau clarinet, violin and vocal, Sam Armato, Glendale.
- Glenn Ash - Guitar.
- John Babbitt
Bass, 715-967-2865, New Auburn.
- Joseph F. Balestrieri
Tenor saxophone, clarinet, passed away Ferbuary 21, 2011. Joe Balestrieri, South Milwaukee.
- Dave Baney
- Steve Banik - Jazz pianist available for private events, weddings, cocktail hours and holiday parties. Steve Banik, Madison.
- Banjo Barons Ragtime Band (1988) - Milwaukee's hand clappin', foot stompin' banjo music featuring ragtime, jazz and show tunes. Donald Sheskey, percussion; David Martinsek, string bass; Michael J. Woitowicz, banjo, 262-245-5516, Williams Bay.
- Lem Banks
Vocalist, Packing House Restaurant, Potawatomi Northern Lights with The Paul Spencer Band. Lem Banks, 414-331-2566, Milwaukee.
- Lynn Barber Trio - Jazz vocals, Lynn Barber.
- Audrey Barr - Piano.
- Jane Barry-Fraundorf - Professional pianist/keyboardist. Jane Barry-Fraundorf, 414-321-0609 or 414-333-9852, Milwaukee.
- Chuck Barnes - Trombone, Milwaukee.
- Andy Bauer Trio
Jazz guitar, Milwaukee.
- David S. Bayles
Percussion, Salsa, fusion and straight ahead drums, David Bayles, 414-967-0518, Milwaukee.
- Michael BB Jazz Quartet - Also trio, duo or solo jazz piano. Michael BB, 608-258-1393, Madison.
- Gary Beal - Banjo or drums. Gary Beal, 608-852-3670, Reeseville.
- Tyler Beattie - Piano.
- Mary Ann Beaumont - Piano.
- Ron Becker - Accordion, Ron Becker.
- Sam Belton
Drummer and owner of CITY.NET Cafe, 7219 W. Burleigh St., 414-807-0151, Milwaukee.
- Ethan Bender
Ethan Bender, bassist, 414-536-7828, Milwaukee.
- James Benton - Bassist, Milwaukee.
- Bunny Berigan Memorial Band - Allan Townsend, V. K. Hansen, 414-357-9379, Milwaukee.
- Kaye Berigan
5Tet, trumpet and flugelhorn, Kaye Berigan, 262-251-7477, Menomonee Falls.
- Bill Berlyn
Trumpet, Bill Berlyn, 414-530-3365, New Berlin.
- Big Band Reunion (1996) - Fox Valley's only regularly meeting Jazz and Blues Big Band, attracts a regular following of enthusiasts wherever they perform. Bob Levy, 920-739-3108 or Nick Keelan, 920-832-6630, Appleton.
- Big Swing Face - Michael Valasek, 414-545-6050, Milwaukee.
- Darele Bisquerra - Vocalist, Darele Bisquerra, 414-403-9060, Milwaukee.
- Black & Blues - 7 pc. blues band with horns. Cliff Frederiksen, 608-838-8932, Madison.
- Dave Bock
Trombone, tuba, trumpet, string bass, piano and Jazz Historian. Winner of the 2004 Unlimited Jazz, Ltd. Scholarship and the 2004 Wisconsin Conservatory of Music Summer High School Jazz Camp Award. Played trombone with Dixie Doodlers. Dave Bock Biography (PDF 11k). Dave Bock, Illinois.
- Boogie Woogie Flu - Dan Moore, piano.
- Bourbon Street Stompers (1988)
Dixieland jazz band, 4 to 6 piece. Free quotes. Ken Olson, banjo; Tom Los, tuba; Al Anderson, trombone; Jim Scalf, drums; Rich Regent, clarinet; David Welnak, trumpet, 262-345-1091, Germantown.
- Dave Boyles
Bones and washboard.
- George Braith - Braithophone.
- The Dave Braun Trio
Jazz, Paula Braun, bass; Pete Braun, drums; Dave Braun, guitar, 262-930-1002, Racine.
- John Braun
Clarinet, tenor and baritone sax, Fond du Lac.
- Jamie Breiwick
Versatile jazz trumpet player and teacher. Jamie Breiwick, Milwaukee.
- Mike Britz Trio
Selection of tunes from the Great American Songbook, Antonio Carlos Jobim sung in Portuguese and some good ol' blues. Sam Steffke, piano; Randy Charles, drums; Jen Cintron, vocals; Mike Britz, bassist, 414-550-7430, Waukesha.
- Jremy Brockman - Build instruments, compose and play those instruments. Jremy Brockman.
- Michael Brody - Piano.
Guitar and lessons, Roger Brotherhood, 414-607-0853, Milwaukee.
- Roger Brotherhood Quartet - Steve Einerson, piano; Jim Paolo, bass; Randy Kuehn, drums; Roger Brotherhood, guitar, 414-607-0853, Wauwatosa.
- John Brown - Clarinet.
- Jim Brusky
Tuba, Milwaukee. (Passed away 2006).
- Bob Budny
Drums, Bob Budny, Wauwatosa.
- Tom Burgermeister
Bass, 414-385-0922, Milwaukee.
- Lee Burrows
Bass. (Passed away 2005).
- George Busateri Band (1985)
Dance music: Big band, new swing, 60s motown and R&B, 70s disco, rock, salsa and reggae. Duane Stuermer, bass, lead vocals; John Zaffiro, guitar; Scott Wenzel, drums; John Seydewitz, percussion; Jim Liban, harmonica and vocals; Allen Johnson and Tom Meredith, trumpets; John Kirchberger, tenor sax; Tom Newburg, baritone sax. We can size the band to fit the occasion. George Busateri, keyboards and lead vocals, 414-347-1444, Milwaukee.
- Ernie Brusubardis - Piano.
- Peter Buxman - Drums.
- Neal Chandek - Keyboard, Milwaukee.
- Claude Cailliet
Trombonist, professor of music at the UW-Baraboo/Sauk County and performs with many Midwest groups in addition to leading the popular Salsa/Latin Jazz Ensemble, MadiSalsa.
- Michael Caldwell Quartet
Ray Tabs, keyboard; Sam Belton, drums;Hal Miller, bass; Michael Caldwell,tenor and alto saxophone, Milwaukee.
- Jack Carr
Drums, 414-377-6872, Milwaukee.
- Michael Cascio
Michael Cascio, guitar, 262-786-6249, New Berlin.
- Rae Cassidy - Singer.
- Tony Castanedas Latin Jazz Quartet - Tony Castaneda, percussion; Nic Cowles, flute; Dave Stoler, piano; string bass Henry "Bonham" Boehm, Madison.
- Paul Cebar and the Milwaukeeans
Paul Cebar, Milwaukee.
- Neil Chandek
- Barb Cheron
Jazz, blues and pop trio. Barb Cheron Peterson, guitarist, 608-242-8709, Madison.
- Don Chesboro Quartet
Clarinet, Don Chesboro, Wisconsin Rapids.
- Gary Christensen
Upright bass, bass guitar. Founder of Milwaukee's All-Star SUPERband. Gary Christensen, 262-339-5609, Milwaukee.
- Evan Christian
- Jimmy Christiaansen
Banjo, 414-332-1057, Milwaukee.
- Clamnation - 9 pc. Latin and modern jazz group. Steve Cohen, 414-962-6285, Milwaukee.
- Jack Clark
Percussion and wash board, musician photographer (providing many photographs for this page), Jack Clark Biography (PDF 13k). Jack Clark, 414-525-0997, Franklin.
- Tim Clausen
Solo jazz pianist, Tim Clausen, 414-940-1638, Milwaukee.
- Steve Cohen Organ Trio - Blues and jazz with a Latin feel. Harmonica, guitar, organ and vocals. Steve Cohen, 414-962-6285, Milwaukee.
- Ernst D. Collins - Pianist and entertainer. Ernest D. Collins, 414-873-4884, Milwaukee.
- Steve Colvin - Drums, 262-786-5595, Milwaukee.
- Joe Conti - Percussion, 414-963-9566, Milwaukee.
- Nick Contorno Orchestra
Also Nick Contorno & the Big Brass, Dr. Nicholas J. Contorno, passed away February 4, 2014, Dousman.
- Maurice Cotton - Piano, voice, Milwaukee.
- Norrie Cox New Orleans Jazzmen
Also Norrie Cox New Orleans Stompers for Festivals. Roy Rubinstein, trombone; Whitey Minette, piano or tuba; Andy Anderson, banjo. Albert clarinet, Norman S. Cox, Norrie Cox Remembered (PDF 7k) (passed away March 7, 2007), Elm Grove.
CP, STOLL & Co.
Jeff Stoll, keyboard and vocals; CP Chris Peppas, congas and vocals, 414-745-4304, Elm Grove. Group expands to trio or quartet depending on the gig with different players.
- Richard Crabtree - Piano, 262-628-0553, Colgate.
- Joey Cross
Milwaukee's First Lady of Song, retired jazz vocalist and percussionist. CD: "At Her Leisure." Dean Lea, Frank Tarantino, Johnny Garcia and Joey Cross, passed away September 4, 2016, 414-383-9131, Milwaukee.
- Julie Cucunato - Piano.
- Scott Currier Trio - Sean, Jeremy and Scott Currier, piano, 262-613-8571, Milwaukee.
- Kim Cusack
Clarinet, alto sax, 630-393-3975, Warrenville, IL, plays in Wisconsin often.
- Dorothy Dale
Vocalist, 414-871-0421, Milwaukee.
- James Dallas
Soprano, tenor sax and Ewi, 414-550-4327, Milwaukee.
- Shanti Daya - Piano.
- Rick D'Amore
Vocalists, 414-258-0978, Milwaukee.
- Dan Dance - Piano, Dan Dance, Milwaukee.
- Bill Davidson
Trumpet, Prairie du Chien.
- John Davis
Drums, 608-221-1436, Madison.
- Mark Davis
Jazz pianist, Mark Davis, 414-962-7861, Milwaukee.
- Mary Davis, keyboard, 414-372-8448.
- Neal Davis Quartet - Dan Trudell, piano; Scott Napoli, drums; Neal Davis, guitar.
- Richard Davis
Bass, Richard Davis, 608-255-6666, Madison.
- Davis Family Band or Quartet - Smooth jazz and classic R&B from '60s through the '90s. Mary Davis, keyboard, 414-372-8448; Lem Banks, vocals; Alvin Turner sax; and James Davis, drums. Greg Davis, 414-372-3386, Shorewood.
- Robert James DeBlaey
Passed away August 13, 2013. Guitar, banjo, Greenfield.
- Ronald J. DeBlaey
Ron DeBlaey, drums and percussion, 262-786-2686, New Berlin.
- Dale Deeds - Tenor and bass trombone, Dale Deeds, 414-333-8645, Muskego.
- Deep Water Reunion - David "Big Pipes" G, vocal; Jay Stulo, guitar; Dr. Freeze, harp; Rick Clark, bass; Tommy "SkinTite" Swearingen, drums. Info, 715-362-5333, Rhinelander.
- Mike DeRose - Smooth jazz guitar with backing tracks. Mike DeRose, Racine.
- Dan Dietrich - Jazz drummer, Dan Dietrich, 414-529-7697.
- Frank DeMiles and Company
John Dominguez, bassist; Jack Carr, drummer; Johnny Ricco, Latin percussion. Piano and vocal, Frank "DeMiles" Dominguez, 262-285-3101, Belgium.
- Annie Denison & The Jazz Orphans
Barry Velleman, keyboard; Bob Budny, drums; Michael Caldwell, sax; John Dominquez, bass. Straight ahead jazz vocalist Annie Denison, 414-672-2526, Milwaukee.
- Ben Denison
Was Father of Annie Denison. Cornet. Passed away March 19, 2008, Milwaukee.
- Ron Devillers and Jack Carr Big Band - Ron Devillers, 414-774-1058, Milwaukee.
- The Luis Diaz Quintet (1992)
Latin Jazz at its best. Mike Plog, trumpet and arrangements; Jim Paolo, bass; Steve Einerson, piano and arrangments; and Dave Bayles, drums. Latin percussion, Luis D. Diaz, 414-852-5439, Milwaukee.
- Victor DiCristo Quartet - Rudy Moroder, piano and vocal; Tom McGirr, bass; Rick Aaron, flute; Dave Sullivan, guitar; Victor DiCristo, percussion, Milwaukee.
- Dan Dietrich - Drums, Milwaukee.
- Dixie Barons Dixieland Band (Since 1998) - Dixieland music in the Eddie Condon Style for concerts, conventions, receptions and other occasions. John Braun, clarinet; Don Sheskey, washboard; tuba; Mike Woitowicz, banjo and leader, 262-245-5516, Milwaukee or Williams Bay.
- Dixie Cats - Dixieland variety band. Wayne Williams, saxophones; Bob Moore, bass; Pat Keating, banjo, guitar; Bill Drenkham, trumpet; Pete Peterson, trombone; Cliff Gundersen, drums, 414-425-5291, Franklin.
- Dixie Doodlers (1998)
Dixieland music for your anniversary, ceremony, dance, event, festival, parade, party, picnic or special occasion. James Kelly, trumpet; Rich Regent, clarinet; Dave Smith, trombone; Jack Clark, percussion; John Knurr, piano; Ken Olson, banjo; and Mark Kranz, tuba, 262-679-9475, New Berlin.
- The Dixie Flavors - Dixie and swing. Phil Godfrey, 608-835-0105, Oregon.
- Dixieland Express - Dick Camlek, clarinet; Randy Bjerke, trumpet; Diane Kujak, trombone; Dennis Ruda, drums; Jennifer Grassman, tenor sax; Scott Anderson, bass guitar; Carolyn Burge, piano.
- Jim Doherty
Trumpet. Has performed as both sideman and leader, most notably as a member of the Clyde Stubblefield Band, Janet Planet & the Urban World, the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, Madisalsa, Phat Phunktion, and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Jim studied trumpet at UW-Madison, Northwestern, and the Eastman School of Music in addition to studying jazz with the renowned tenor saxophonist Jerry Bergonzi. Jim directed the big band at UW-Madison for a decade, and currently teaches trumpet privately and directs the East High Jazz Orchestra in Madison.
- John Dominguez
John Dominguez, string bass, no longer lives in Wisconsin.
- Claude Dorsey - Piano and vocalist. Passed away March 3, 2010.
- Floyd Dorsey
Vocalist, nephew of Claude, Floyd Dorsey, 414-931-8922, Milwaukee.
- Steve Dougherty - Drums.
- Carol Downey - Piano.
- Herb Draeger
Trombone, Whitefish Bay. Passed away June 4, 2007.
- Michael Drake & the Jazz Lines Band
Any size band playing all the jazz standards you have grown to love and jazzy versions of tunes. Perfect for the lighter side. Musical wallpaper as we call it in the business. Getzen Clinician. Recording since 1980. Michael Drake, 414-769-2001, Milwaukee.
- Bill Drenkham - Trumpet.
- Ian Duerr
- John Egan
Jazz and blues vocals, John Egan, 414-332-2513, Shorewood.
- Doug Ebert - Bassist, Doug Ebert.
- Eclectic Vibe - Guitar, violin, bass and drums. Tim Trzcinko, 414-704-1725, Milwaukee.
- Lisa Edgar and Razzmatazz (1974)
Dixieland jazz styling of banjo, vocal and humor. Tolerable music for all ages. Lisa Edgar, 414-445-3795, Milwaukee.
- Steve Einerson
Steve Einerson, piano, Milwaukee.
- Dale Elenich
Dale Elenich, trumpet and tuba, full time musician since 2000, 414-744-3882, Milwaukee.
- Dick Eliot Trio
Harold Miller, bass; Sam Steffke, piano; Andy LoDuca, percussion or Louis Martinez, bongos; Dick Eliot, guitar, 414-541-5257, Milwaukee.
- Donald Eliot
String or electric bass, 414-545-0002, Milwaukee.
- Manty Ellis
- Chuck Engberg
1914 Conn clarinet, 1926 Conn brass soprano saxophone, tenor sax, washboard, Chuck Engberg, 414-964-4650, Milwaukee.
- Dave Erato
Alto sax, Dave Erato, Milwaukee.
- The Extra Crispy Brass Band - Rob Awe and Andy Buck, trumpet; Mike Clobes, trombone; Kevin Christensen, snare drum; Matt Koehler, bass drum; Tryo Liesemann, saxophone; Rob Seeger, sousaphone. Milwaukee.
- Bill Feldman
- Deirdre Fellner & The Whole of Soul
The Whole of Soul with Scott Currier, keyboards; Steve Peplin, guitar; Del Bennett, drums; Eric Hervey, bass; Deirdre Fellner, vocalist, 414-873-2265, Milwaukee.
- Dennis Fermenich - Vocalist, Dennis Ferminich, Greenfield.
- Jahmes Anthony Finlayson - Percussion, Milwaukee.
- Brian Ford Drums - Trio Jazz Cover Band, Larry Tresp, 414-881-0358, Franklin.
- John Foshager - Piano, Milwaukee.
- Lee Foster Quartet - Plays at Jazz Oasis, 414-562-2040, Milwaukee.
- Four Star Quartet (1959) - Jazz and variety. Bob Deblaey, guitar; John Stoehr, alto and tenor sax, flute; Tommy Sheridan, piano (passed away 2001); Kay Berigan, trumpet; Gene Wells, tenor sax; Bob Unger (passed away 2010); Scott Wenzel, drums; Ron Deblaey, percussion; Walter Gras (Waldemar Gerassimoff), electric bass, 414-425-7553, Milwaukee. Ask about info for Four Star Quartet - Secure Site.
- Mike Franceschi
Trombone, Mike Franceschi, 262-370-6453, Milwaukee.
- Joel Freisinger
Piano, Joel Freisinger, 414-443-0706, West Allis.
- Berkeley Fudge Quartet
Tenor and soprano saxophone, flute. Berkeley Fudge, WCO 414-276-5760, Milwaukee.
- Gabriel's Horns (1983) - Big bands, jazz combos, strings, brass, pianists, vocalists, harpists, woodwinds, bagpipes, classical/flamenco guitarists, and mariachi bands. Jennifer Atwater, 414-475-5876, Wauwatosa.
- Bill Gandt Jazz Quartet or Trio
Vibes and percussion, Bill Gandt passed away around 2009, Milwaukee.
- Johnny Garcia Quartet
Ron Martinson, piano; Hal Miller, bass; Louis Martinez, percussion; Johnny Garcia, percussion, 414-305-1617, Milwaukee.
- Jon Pierre Gee & Kat Webb - 7 pc. band featuring Avantsoul performing Jazz standards, R&B, soul, classic Rock, Funk and Blues. Jon Pierre Gee, 414-383-7460, Milwaukee.
- The Generation Gap
Tom Anderson, accordion; Rob Moore, bass; Victor DiCristo, percussion; Cory Klunk or Jason Goldsmith, saxophone; Chris Peppas, congas and vocals. 414-745-4304, Elm Grove.
- Jim Gerard
Alto & tenor sax, bass, drums and vocals, Jim Gerard, 262-786-4703, Brookfield.
- Rick Germanson - Piano, Milwaukee.
- John Gibson - Bass.
- Jason Gillette
Alto sax, 262-784-1813, Milwaukee.
- The Glen Quarrie Quar-tet - Quartet. Saxophones, flute, clarinet, recording engineer. GlenQuarrie, 262-506-4568, Brookfield.
- Marge Gluckstein - Piano.
- Douglas M. Gmoser - Passed away August 20, 2010. Played hot jazz on his snow white clarinet. Douglas M. Gmoser, 262-784-2956, Elm Grove.
- Phil Godfrey - Dixieland, combo and big band. Leader of The Phil-Harmonics and The Dixie Flavors. Phil Godfrey, trombone, 608-835-0105, Oregon.
- Jason Goldsmith
Saxophone and banjo. Bachelor of Music degree in Saxophone Performance from UW-Whitewater. Jason Goldsmith, Milwaukee.
- Stan and Pat Good - Piano.
- Joe Gorman - Guitar and recording, Milwaukee.
- Walter Gras (Waldemar Gerassimoff)
Electric bass, bass, Wally Gras, 414-425-7553, Milwaukee.
- The Jack & Jill Grassel
It's About the Music CD (PDF 17k). Jack Grassel, guitar, wife is singer Jill Jensen, 262-552-4012, Racine.
- Steve Grassel - Piano.
- Connie Grauer - Piano, 414-964-9872, Milwaukee.
- Clifford A. Gribble
Teaches selected jazz courses at area high schools and trains young musicians in the art of improvisation at 2993 S. Superior St., Milwaukee 53207. Clifford A. Gribble, 414-744-9797, Milwaukee.
- Jerry Grillo
Jazz, blues, Latin and pop vocalist; Steve Peplin, guitar; Scott Currier, keyboard; Harold Miller, bass; Kirk Tatnall. Jerry Grillo, vocals. 414-332-0961, Milwaukee.
- Robert Grimwood - Piano, 414-963-4448.
Blues, jazz and beyond. Dave Smith, trombone; Kevin Allen, bass; drums; Sam Steffke, piano; Bill Stone, guitar; Marcia, vocal; Dave Matsen, saxophone, 773-685-3679, Chicago, IL.
- Suzanne Grzanna
Jazz vocalist and saxophonist. Suzanne Grzanna, 414-967-9067, Milwaukee.
- Charlie Guerra
Drums, congas/percussion, Latin, smooth, R & B and straight up, Charlie Guerra, 414-453-3792, Milwaukee.
- Cliff Gundersen
Drums, straight ahead jazz, Dixieland, fifties, ethnic, old time. Cliff Gundersen, 414-425-5291, Franklin.
- Chris Gustafson - Bass, Milwaukee.
- Andrew Hacker - Sousaphone and tuba, Andrew Hacker, Menomonee Falls.
- Jeff Hale
Guitar, Jeff Hale, 262-510-5140, Hartland.
- Jeff Hamann
Jazz bassist, Jeff Hamann, 262-641-9077, Milwaukee.
- Ken Hanner
Banjo and saxophone. Teaches guitar and sax at Kashmir Music. Attending UW-Milwaukee and persuing a Multiple Woodwinds Performing Degree with a double major of Jazz Guitar Performance with a minor in Jazz Studies. Ken Hanner Biography of 2005(PDF 9k). Ken Hanner, 262-510-4946, Mukwonago.
- Ben Hans Trio/Quartet
Mark Solveson, bass; Jeff Schroedl, guitar; Ben Hans, drummer. Dawn, 414-587-8806, New Berlin.
- Chris Hanson Quartet - Violin.
- Carol Hanzel - Vocal and electric bass, Milwaukee.
- John Harmon - Pianist and composer of "Geese: Majestic Travelers." John Harmon.
- Mary Anne Harris - Piano.
- Randal Harrison Trio
Jazz violinist and composer. Violin, bass and drums. Randal Harrison, 608-279-9856, Madison.
- Jesse Hauck - Vocalist, Milwaukee.
- Dave Hartsman - Saxophone and other reeds, 414-963-9668, Milwaukee.
- Lajos Havas - Piano.
- Andy Havas - Cello.
- Robin Haycock - Piano, Robin Haycock.
- David Hazeltine Quartet - Jeff Namann or John Weber, bass; Brian Ritter, drums; Eric Alexander, saxophone; David Hazeltine, piano; Milwaukee.
- Chuck Hedges Swing Quartet (Disbanded 2010)
Passed away June 24, 2010, memorial. Milwaukee's club king of swing and clarinetist. Five out of 25 albums recorded by Chuck have his name on the label. Dave Sullivan, guitar; Bob Maynard, vibes; George Welland, bass; Andy LoDuca, drums. Waukesha.
- John Heftner
Piano, John Heftner, 414-258-0792, Milwaukee.
- Michael Heinrich
Guitar, Michael Heinrich at Meyer's (PDF 7k), Michael Heinrich, 414-525-2300, Franklin.
- Mike Hero - Flute, sax, vocals, Mike Hero, Milwaukee.
- Fred Hewitt - Trumpet, percussion and vocals. Fred Hewitt, Janesville.
- John High Quartet - Alto and soprano saxophones. Traditional jazz and smooth. John Jigh, 414-232-4303, Milwaukee.
- Bill Hindin
Pianist, arranger, vocals, conductor. Jazz and cabaret. Bill Hindin, 212-222-7755, Whitefish Bay.
- Jeff Hollander - Piano, plays at the Pfister, Milwaukee.
- Todd Holmes - Bass guitar and vocals, all styles, Todd Holmes, 262-703-3385, Menomonee Falls.
- Todd Holmes Trio - Ray Tabs, piano; Brian Ford, drums; Todd Holmes, bass and vocals, 262-703-3385, Menomonee Falls.
- Tim Hourigan
Latin percussion, Tim Hourigan, Greenfield.
- Eric Jacobson Quartet - Steve Einerson, piano; Jeff Hamann, bass; Brian Ritter, drums; Eric Jacobson, trumpet, Wauwatosa.
- Charlie Jambor - Jazz vibist, Charlie Jambor , 414-940-5642, Greendale.
- John Jason - Guitar.
- Jazz Martini Celebrity Big Band - Les Artistes Music Agency, 1820 N. 166 St., Brookfield 53005-5160. Jazz big band directed by Blair Beliewski (Peter Blair). Lawrence D'Attilio, 262-784-0318, Brookfield.
- Jazzmine Swing Combo - 6 pc. dance band. Jazz, swing and variety. Don Navis, 608-222-8776, Madison.
- Jill Jensen Jazz Quartet
Vocalist and Spokesperson for Schaefer Motor Sales in Racine. CD: Seems Like Dreams and It's About the Music (PDF 17k). Jill Jensen, husband guitarist is Jack Grassel, 262-552-4012, West Allis.
- John Alfred Johnson
Al Johnson, banjo, worked on computers and programs, 262-903-3178, Elkhorn.
- Billy Johnson - Bass, Milwaukee.
- Steve Johnson - Saxophone.
- Ferdinand Jones - Ferdinand Jones, vocalist.
- Joe Jordan
Vocalist with Streetlife.
- Judi K
Vocalist, Judi K, 608-779-0944, Onalaska.
- Diane Kachelmeier - Voice.
- Jim Kaczmarek
Saxophonist, Jim Kaczmarek, Milwaukee.
- Jeremy Kahn, piano.
- Gregory Kalkhoff
Tuba and professional audio recording, Greg Kalkhof, 414-447-7500, Milwaukee.
- Guy Kammerer
Trumpet, Guy Kammerer, 262-970-3780, Waukesha.
- Mary Kamps - Pianio.
- Dave Kasik - Bass.
- Jerry Kaye
Clarinet and saxophone. Jerry Kaye, 414-322-5046, Bay View.
- Bob Keating - Banjo.
- Pat Keating - Banjo, guitar, vocals, Patrick Keating, Oconomowoc.
- John Keck
Passed away May 13, 2010. One of the original founders of the Riverboat Rascals, piano, Milwaukee.
- Jim Kehrin - Jim Kerhin, banjo, Milwaukee.
- James Kelly
Trumpet, is a graduate of UW-Platteville, with Masters work from Vandercook and UW-Wisconsin. He has been a private lesson teacher for 30 years of beginners and advanced students and has taught in the MPS school district. Performing in groups for George Burns, Nick Contorno, Bob Hope, Boots Randolph, Guy Lombardo and Temptations. James Kelly, 414-793-4665, Milwaukee.
- Sam Kidd - Strong steady bass, Milwaukee.
- Jim Kishline - Bass guitar, Jim Kiskline, Milwaukee.
- Larry Kittelstad - Bass, Milwaukee.
- John Knurr
Tuba, piano and trombone; tuba lessons. John Knurr Biography (PDF 13k). John Knurr, 262-728-5521, Delavan, or 414-258-8724, Milwaukee.
- Ryan Korb - Drums.
- Larry Kozman Jazz Combo
Larry Kozman, trumpet, 414-289-8708, Milwaukee.
- Mark Kranz
Old record, cylinder, radio and Victrola collector. Manages the Dixie Doodlers, Mark Kranz, tuba, 262-679-9475, New Berlin.
- Marty Krebs
Trumpet, Martin Krebs, 920-854-2306, Sister Bay or Tampa, Florida.
- Rich Kremer - Bassist, wife is Liz Staehler, Rich Kremer.
- Chelsea Krombach
Vocalist, graduated from University of Michigan, lives in New York, played in Wicked on Broadway and Promises Promises, latest CD - "Profile" with Paul Keller.
- Grant Krueger Orchestra - Grant Krueger, passed away September 14, 2008. Piano, Oconomowoc.
- K-Town Dixie Ramblers
Dixieland and Jazz music for Southeast Wisconsin. Free quotes. Jerry Kessel, percussion; Kenny Norman, tuba; Bill McGee, trumpet; John, trombone; Rich Regent, clarinet; and other musicians; John Tepley, banjo and vocals, 262-456-0079 or 262-639-2807, Racine.
Alternate Dixieland Bands: Dixie Doodlers, 262-679-9475; or Bourbon Street Stompers, 262-345-1091.
- Jesse Kuczynski - Drums, 262-363-4260, Mukwonago.
- Randy Kuehn - Drums, Randy Kuehn.
- La Chazz - Latin jazz ensemble. Jim Paolo, bass; Bibo Rodriguez, timbales; Allan Johnson, Mike Betz, trumpet; Mike Franceschi, trombone; Dumah Saafir, congas; Jeno Somlai, drums; Toty Ramos, guitarist and leader, 414-963-0498, Milwaukee.
- Douglas Lady
- Jeff Larsen - Solo jazz guitar, Jeff Larsen, 608-236-0468, Madison.
- Marilyn Larson
Jazz singer, moved to Nashville around 2009.
- Sam Larson - Percussion, Sam Larsen, 414-747-9016, Milwaukee.
- Christopher Laughlin - Christopher Laughlin, classical guitar, Milwaukee.
- Gary R. Lavann
Played trumpet with Dixie Doodlers, New South Rampert Street Paraders, past Director of Milwaukee Letter Carrier's Band, Gary Lavann, trumpet, 262-392-9433, Mukwonago.
- Dean Lea Trio (1978) - Dean Lea, keyboard; Paul Jonas, bass; Matt Liban, drums. Milwaukee.
- Joey Leal - Guitar and vocals, Joey Leal, 414-573-6555, Milwaukee.
- Arno Ledebuhr
Passed away December 17, 2012, at age 86 years. Trumpet and harmonica, Oconomowoc.
- Charles Ledvina - Charles Ledvina, bass.
- Paul Leithold Trio - Jazz standards and some other stuff. Guitar, bass and drums. Paul Leithold, 608-317-2524, La Crosse.
- Dolores Lenore - Piano.
- Tele Lesbines - Perucssion, Milwaukee.
- Gene Leshner
- Lynn Lewandowski
Saxophones, flute and clarinet. Lynn Lewandowski, Milwaukee.
- Mark Lewandowski - Mark Lewandowski, bass, 414-771-8265, Milwaukee.
- Steve Lewandowski (1973)
Steve Lewandowski, of Opus fame plays congas, guitar or banjo, Milwaukee.
- Bobby Lewis, cornet and trumpet.
- Jim Liban Blues Combo - Jim Liban, 414-278-7728, Milwaukee.
- Don Linke Trio
Jim Paolo, bass; Dave Bayles, drums; Don Linke, jazz guitar, 414-481-0750, Milwaukee.
- Linke and Merriwether - Don Linke, jazz guitar; Theo Merriwether, piano, Milwaukee.
- Little Lake Stompers - Dennis Najoom, Muskego.
- Andy LoDuca Latin Quintet or World Jazz Band
Andy LoDuca, drums; trumpet; Jerry Weitzer, keyboards; John Dominguez, bass; John Ricco, congas. Milwaukee.
- Diane Loren
Jazz disk jockey, formerly with WYMS in Milwaukee.
- Tom Los
Tuba, sousaphone and bass guitar, Tom Los, likes motorcycles, 414-761-9779, Oak Creek.
- Mike Lueck
Trumpet, Mike Lueck, 414-232-0657, New Berlin.
- Jane Lukik - Vocals, piano.
- Dave MacGregor's Vagabond Reeds
Guy Fiorenza (Rockford), bass; Harold Smith, clarinet; Jack Carr, drums; Grant Krueger, piano; David MacGregor, passed away December 29, 2017, clarinet and 1920 Conn brass soprano saxophone, 414-272-1932, Milwaukee.
- Heather Maciolek
Jazz vocalist and teacher with big band experience, combo, weddings and private parties. Heather Maciolek, 414-379-8719, Milwaukee.
- Janet Macklin Quartet (Trio, Duo)
Vintage jazz. Janet Macklin, guitarist and singer; Peter Buxman or Ryan Korb, drums; Andy Mertens or John Gibson, bass; Steven Johnson, saxophone; Jim McGlynn, clarinet. CDs: I Think of You and Floating on the Silence. Janet Macklin, 920-233-7749, Oshkosh.
- Grant Malme - Piano.
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band (1993) - Mama Digdown, 608-335-3943, Madison.
- Kim Marie
Jazz singer, Milwaukee.
- Bill Martin
Guitar - jazz, blues, and related styles, Bill Martin, 414-218-6271, Milwaukee.
- Louis Martinez - Latin percussion, 414-282-0302, Milwaukee.
- Dave Martinsek
Passed away October 24, 2009. String bass, accordion, Caledonia.
- Bill Marti - Guitar, Milwaukee.
- Ron Martinson - Piano, Milwaukee.
- Elizabeth Matz - Piano.
- Bob Maynard
Vibraphone, 414-453-3946, Wauwatosa.
- Tom McComb Quartet - Jazz, Brazilian, originals. Jenny McComb, piano; Dave Story, bass; Kevin Knopp, drums; Tom McComb, guitar, 715-345-0490, Stevens Point.
- Tom McGirr
String bass and guitar, music teacher, 262-242-5241, Mequon.
- Jim McGlynn - Clarinet.
- Kelly McGuire and Friends - Quintet, info, 715-732-3983, Marinette.
- Peter McManaman - Guitarist, Milwaukee.
- Bill Mech
Vocalist of Jazz and pop from 30s to 60s, Bill Mech, 262-782-9500 x220, New Berlin.
- Gary Meisner
Piano, 262-785-6703, Brookfield.
- Chris Mell - Percussionist, Chris Mell, 414-267-2948, Milwaukee.
- Theo Merriwether
Keyboard, Theo Merriwether, Milwaukee.
- Andy Mertens - Bass.
- John Mesoloras - Bassist, John Mesoloras, 608-347-7862, Madison.
- Bruce Messner - Clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, Bruce Messner, 414-546-6690, Milwaukee.
- John Meyers
Trumpet, in River Cities Philharmonic, John Meyers, 608-290-3131, Beloit.
- Ralph Michaels Big Band - Music for all styles and occasions, RMBB, 414-476-9268, Milwaukee.
- David Miller - Blues harmonica, lessons, vocals and guitar. David Miller, 414-241-6825, Milwaukee.
- Gloria Miller & The Glo Trio
Singer and songwriter specializing in creating and performing Jazz and more, combining the innocence of music from the 30's and 40's with the relevance of current music. Gloria Miller, 414-226-5203, Milwaukee.
- Harold Miller
Bass and drums, 414-427-9605, New Berlin.
- Mike Miller & Jazz Vision - Ray Tabs or Joel Freisinger, piano; Jeff Hamann or Jim Kishline, bass; John Jason, guitar/vocals; Carol Hanzel, vocals/bass; Tom Sorce II, drums; Mike Miller, saxophone and flute, 414-258-3956, Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee Banjo Band
Dave Martinsek, 262-835-2745, Caledonia.
- Milwaukee Jazz Orchestra - Contemporary music with Tim Bell, Sam Fettig, Jason Goldsmith, Mark O'Conner, Brad Bloom, saxophones; Steve Wiest, Joel Adams, Mike Franceschi, Tom Matta, trombones; Brett Murphey, Matt Antoniewicz, Eric Jacobsen, Mike Plog, trumpets; Steve Einerson, piano; Paul Sibergleit, guitar; Jake Vinsel, bass; David Bayles, drums and leader, 414-967-0518, Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee Jazz Vision - Milwaukee jazz musician's resources. Promoting jazz and creative music in Milwaukee.
- Milwaukee Stadtpfeifer German Brass Band - Brass quintet. Chuck Delkert, 414-781-6771, Milwaukee.
- Whitey Minette
Piano or tuba, Whitewater.
- Ron Miscavige
Trumpet, flugelhorn and cornet. A variety of styles and music to exactly fit your event. Author of book "Ruthless". Ron Miscavige, 262-443-5295, West Allis.
- Mississippi Mudcats - Formed as the house band for Milwaukee's popular Beer Barons restaurant years ago, the Mississippi Mudcats continue to be one of the area's most popular Dixieland groups. They have played their music for Governors Thompson, Dreyfus and Earl. The Bucks, Brewers and numerous country clubs, conventions, parades and private parties. Pete Wood, Menomonee Falls.
- Bob Monagle Jazz Quartet
Bob Monagle, guitar, Milwaukee.
- Larry Moore
- Rob Moore
Bass and vocals, Rob Moore, Hartford.
- Tina Moore Quintet
Mary Davis, keys; Bill Martin, guitar; Omar Phillips, drums; Alvin Turner, sax; Tina Moore, vocals, Milwaukee.
- Nick Moran
Bass. Debuted in the Madison, WI music scene in 1993 while in 10th grade, and has continued to make music professionally ever since. He has performed and recorded with a diverse collection of internationally renowned acts, including Ben Sidran, Lee Scratch Perry, Clyde Stubblefield, David Fathead Neuman (Ray Charles' sax player), Peruvian cajun ambassador Juan Cotito Medrano (Susana Baca, Novalima), and hip hop pioneer DJ Kool Herc. Currently, Nick performs with MadiSalsa, dumate, and Phat Phunktion.
- Rudolph "Rudy" Moroder
Passed away June 15, 2015, at age 87 years. Pianist and piano repair, Shorewood.
- Mr. Lucky Swing Syndicate - Swing band 11 piece. Mark Kindler, Jeno Somlai, drums; Tim Dondlinger, bass; John Tamburello, Jack Higgins, Dan Lloyd, Jay Kummer, guitars; Brett Murphey, Dale Elenich, Dave Magoon, Pete Roth, trumpets; Kyle Samuelson, Mike Franceschi, trombones; Corey Klunk, Steve Soller, Ken Johnson, Nate Linkon, Leah Duckert, saxophones. Jerry Becker, lead vocals, 262-628-3585, Hubertus.
- Bret Murphey
Trumpet, Brett Murphey, 262-251-5898, Germantown.
- Mike Murphy
Passed away May 23, 2014. Percussionist, Milwaukee.
- Scott Napoli, drums.
- Don Nedobeck's Trio
Famous for the North Water Street Tavern Band. Now with Ted Conner, guitar; Ron Gilotti, bass; Don Nedobeck, clarinet or trumpet, 414-327-0761, Milwaukee.
- Cecilio Negron, Jr. - Congas, Milwaukee.
- Jim Nelson - Tuba, Jim Nelson, Milwaukee.
- New South Rampart Street Paraders, The
Most appealing high energy Dixieland band in the midwest. Pete Wood, trumpet; Don Nedobeck, clarinet; Bruce Yeo, trombone; Jim Christiaansen, banjo; Greg Kalkhof, drums; John Knurr, tuba; 414-258-8724, Milwaukee.
- New Yankee Dutchmen - Brass ensemble, Mukwonago.
- Carmen Nickerson
- Dan Nimmer - Piano, Dan Nimmer.
- Ralph Norton - Bass saxophone.
- Renate Nuss - Piano.
- Ginnie O'Brien - Singer, Milwaukee.
- Earl Oestreich
The Red Hot Dixie Jazz Band. Trumpet, 920-261-2748, Oconomowoc.
- Ken Olson
Retired from Muskego High School teaching music for 21 years. Master of Music Education from University of Illinois Champaign. Ken Olson, director, guitar and banjo, 262-594-2742, Eagle.
- Steve Olson
Percussion, Steve Olson, 414-226-2271, Milwaukee.
- Opan Jii
7 pc., smooth, contemporary, Latin jazz. Frank Calvagna, Brodhead.
Curt Hanrahan, sax; Jim Sodke, piano and trumpet; Steve Lewandowski, guitar; Brian Ford, drums; Larry Tresp, upright bass and electric bass; 414-881-0358, Franklin.
- Barry Oosterwaal - Trombone, performance, lessons, classical and jazz, Digital Production Specialist at Hal Leonard Corporation, Barry Oosterwaal, 414-916-8884, Milwaukee.
- Johnny Padilla Quartet to Sextet
Jazz with keyboard, bass and drums; Johnny Padilla; soprano, alto and tenor saxophones; flute; clarinet. More info (PDF 6k), 414-807-0568, Milwaukee.
- John Pankau - Keyboards, 262-853-6050, Milwaukee.
- Jim Paolo
Upright and electric bass, James J. Paolo, 414-291-9187, Milwaukee.
- Pavanne Band (1980)
Mick, guitar; Mike, piano; Steve Kossoris, trumpet; Debi Kossoris, guitar, 262-785-6736, Brookfield.
- Steve Peplin - Guitar, Milwaukee.
- Chris Peppas
Bongos and vocals, Chris Peppas, 414-745-4304, Elm Grove.
- Mark Perkins - Percussion, Milwaukee.
- Pete Peterson
Trombone, Pete Peterson.
- Perry Petta - Piano.
- Russ Phillips - Trombone.
- Vince Picciolo
Vince Picciolo, percussion, 262-784-3569, Milwaukee.
- Ted Pierce - Trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, dixieland, big band, swing, bop, cool, standards, experienced in all styles. Ted Pierce, 920-284-5746, Brillion.
- Jeff Pietrangelo
Passed away December 27, 2012. Trumpet, flugelhorn, percussion, concerts, clinic, adjudication. Wicked Long Day (the Jerry Wietzer group) La Chazz, The Miller Braun Ensemble, City Scape, Madisalsa, Clave y' Afinque, The Fireside Theatre Band and taught private lessons in trumpet and jazz improvisation, Milwaukee.
- Janet Planet
Tom Washatka, reeds; Peter Buxman, drums; Jim Paolo, bass; Tom Theabo, guitar. Janet Planet, vocalist, 608-242-8525, Madison.
- Plankenhorn and Ferrara - Jazz standards, R & B. Joey LaVie, 414-482-8800, Milwaukee.
- John Plantenberg - Trumpet, Milwaukee.
- Mike Plog
Trumpet, Mike Plog, Milwaukee.
- Darius Pollinger - Piano.
- Donald Porter
Percussionist, 262-782-3324, Elm Grove.
- Conway Powell - Bass, 414-546-1897, Milwaukee.
- Brad Pregeant
Brad Pregeant Jazz Band and New Orleans Revival, piano, 608-222-7516, Monona.
- Molly Preston - Piano.
- John Price - Bass, Milwaukee.
- Brian Proffenberger - Keyboards, Brian Proffenberger, 262-939-2621, Racine.
- Mike Radiecevich - Guitar, 414-961-7147.
- Anthony Ramirez - Percussion, Milwaukee.
- Mark Rattner - Trio, Mark Rattner, 414-731-7807, Milwaukee.
- S. Lyle Raymond (1995) - Guitarist and trio, S. Lyle Raymond, 608-449-0096, Madison.
- The Red Hot Dixie Jazz Band
Doug Terhune, clarinet; Joel Engelland, banjo; Steve Kasprzak, string bass; Gary Beal, drums; Randy Schneeberger, trumpet; Al Anderson, trombone, 920-253-8550, Watertown.
- Frank S. Reda
Trumpet, piano, vocals. Frank Reda, 262-278-6930, Oconomowoc.
- Rich Regent, M.S., P.E.
Dixieland, jazz and classical clarinetist with several bands and ensembles, including: Dixie Doodlers; Regent Band and various combos. Rich Regent, Greenfield.
- John Ricco
Congas, 414-456-1541, Milwaukee.
- Dane Richeson - Percussion.
- The Ray Rideout Jazz Quartet
Jazz Saxophone, Masters Degree in Music Theory and Composition from the University of Northern Colorado, Ray L. Rideout, 608-442-1287, Madison.
- Brian Ritter - Brian Ritter, drums, Milwaukee.
- Riverboat Rascals - Also called the Ramblers, John Plantenberg, trumpet; Dave MacGregor, woodwinds; Dave Bock, trombone; Bob Benner, drums; Rob Moore, bass; Dan Johnston, vocals; John Keck, piano, 414-258-5625, Milwaukee.
- Brian Ritter - Drums.
- River Cities Jazz Band
Seventeen-piece big band jazz ensemble. Mitch Biba, 715-423-3299, Wisconsin Rapids.
- Jeannine Rivers
Duo, Trio, Quartet and more. Jeannine Rivers is not just a Jazz Vocalist but lends her vocal excellence to Blues, Pop and RnB. She works with the best musicians that Wisconsin has to offer. Jeannine Rivers, vocals, 414-795-6003, Whitefish Bay.
- Martin Jack Rosenblum
UWM Professor of Rock and Roll, guitarist, also Historian and Archivist for Harley Davidson.
- Roy Rubinstein
- John E. Rueth, Jr.
Percussion, June 22, 1931 to July 23, 2014, Menomonee Falls.
- Bob Rummage, drums.
- Pete Runde Dixieland Jazz
Ed Budde, tuba; Dan Steiner, banjo; Pete Runde, trombone, 920-921-2000, Fond Du Lac.
- Susan Russell
Vivo Quartet with Gary Meisner. Susan Russell, vocalist, 414-916-5269, Milwaukee.
- Donna Ruzicka - Jazz vocalist, Donna Ruzicka, 920-203-3123, Oshkosh.
- Jim Ryan - Percussionist.
- Jim Samsa - Trumpet, coronet, flugelhorn, James Samsa, 262-224-1055, Milwaukee.
- Kyle Samuelson - Trombone.
- Bill Sander's Basin Street Saloon Band
- Joe Sanders - Standup bass, Milwaukee.
- Rick Santiago X-tet - Quartet plays traditional jazz and standards. Rick Santiago, 414-975-9915, Racine.
- Bill Sargent Bands
Swing Machine, Quartet, Big Band, Dixieland, Christian and Custom groups. Pro jazz drummer, Bill Sargent, 414-777-0100, West Allis.
- Keith Sarnow Trio
Billy Martin, guitar; Tom McGrawn; Keith Sarnow, tenor saxophone, 414-429-0056, West Allis.
- John Scaduto
Passed away March 7, 2012. Intimate jazz, standards, vocalist, Milwaukee.
- Wally Schaetzke - Trumpet, started at age of 14, passed away in 2002, Milwaukee.
- Jim Scalf, Drums, Milwaukee.
- Bob Schamber
Passed away October 6, 2009. Tuba, accordion, 414-744-9000, St. Francis.
- Clay Schaub
- Ryan Schiedermayer
Gives percussion lessons at Cascio's in New Berlin. Percussion, 414-277-8280, Milwaukee.
- Bill Schmidt
Drums, Bill Schmidt, 262-335-6716, West Bend.
- Sharon Schmidt
Jazz vocalist, CD - Dancing In the Kitchen, Sharon Schmidt, 262-968-5549, Wales.
- Daniel J. Schneck
Milwaukee's hot Hammond B3 jazz, funk, blues trio Vital Groove (formerly Virtual Jazz) - Michael Arnold, guitar; drums; Daniel J. Schneck, keyboards, 414.939.6645, Waukesha.
- Eric Schneider, clarinet, sax.
- Howard Schneider, trumpet, 262-626-1600, Kewaskum.
- Nick Schneider, bass.
- Eric Schoor
- Jason Schreiber
Banjo, kazoo and vocals. Enjoys playing the steel drums. 2005 graduate with a Master of Music from Northern Illinois University. Jason Schreiber, 815-757-9757, New Berlin. Moved to New Mexico in July, 2006, to teach music, then in 2008 to Minnesota.
- Bob Schulz
- Andy Schumm
Trumpet, piano, trombone, flugelhorn, banjo and Eb sax. Dixie Doodlers, Rhythm Aces, and Flatland Syncopators. Frequently plays with Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks in New York. Bachelor of Music from University of Illinois in Jazz. Andy Schumm, Illinois.
- Andrea Schwellinger - Piano.
- Dennis Schwulst - Guitar, 262-544-6061, Waukesha.
- Rosemary Selep - Piano.
- Seven Rivers
Primarily New Orleans style Dixieland, with some "businessman's swing". Lee Glasel, trumpet; Ellis Erickson , clarinet; Mark Glasel, trombone; Mardeana Glasel, tenor sax; Jerry Anderson, keyboard; Dave Osley, drums; Neil Duresky, bass, 608-788-1277, La Crosse.
- Robin Sexton
Jazz vocalist, Robyn Sexton.
- Donald H. Sheskey
Passed away October 18, 2017. Drums, washboard and Selmer clarinet, 262-547-9087, Waukesha.
- Bob Siegel - Bass.
- Bill Sieman - Trumpet.
- Olu Sijuwade - Sax, Milwaukee.
- Paul Silbergleit Quartet
John Foshager, piano or Dan Trudell, organ; Bob Siegel, bass; Mike Schlick or Dave Bayles, drums; Paul Silbergleit, jazz guitar, Milwaukee.
- Six Friars and a Monk (1973) - New CD: Cruisin' with Six Friars and a Monk. Dan Albrechtson, piano; Rob Moore, bass; Don Sheskey, drums; Bob Monk passed away; Ben Denison, cornet, passed away; Douglas M. Gmoser, leader and clarinet, passed away, Elm Grove.
- The Skeleton Crew - Four jazzz trombones. Al Anderson, Barry Oosterwaal, Dave Smith, Kyle Samuelson, Milwaukee.
- The Sklyliners - 7 pc. dance band, Don Navis, 608-225-5737, Madison.
- Dave Smith
"Smitty", trombone with Swing-o-Matics, Grooveology and Swing Nouveau, Dave Smith, Milwaukee.
- Harold Smith
Passed away December 18, 2011. Clarinetist, Beloit.
- Steve Smith
Singer and Songwriter, jazz, standards, Americana, original compositions. Steve Smith, 414-213-3883, Milwaukee.
- James Sodke - Piano, UW Parkside and Lakeshore Conservatory of Music, Racine.
- Jeno Somlai
- Tom Sorce Group
Carol Hanzel, electric bass; Joel Freisinger, piano; Tom Sorce, II, percussion; Thomas J. Sorce, Surveyor at Lockheed Martin Surveyor, guitar, 414-764-8638, Cudahy.
- Andrew Spadafora - Tenor, alto and baratone saxophones, clarinet. Andrew Spadafora, Greenfield.
- Bill Spaulding Trio - With June Spaulding and Kenny Knoll.
- Paul Spencer Band
High impact entertainment at Caroline's Jazz Club, 401 S. 2nd St. in Milwaukee's Historic Walker's Point. CDs: Jazz With Soul and Kickin' It At Carolines. Conway Powell, bass; Olu Sijuwade or Andy Spadafora, sax; Bill Martin or Steve Lewandowski, guitar; Kaye Berigan, trumpet; Kim Marie, vocals; Paul Spencer (1963), drums, 414-259-9899, Milwaukee.
- Elda Spitz - Piano.
- Spring City Jazz - Paul Vrakas, clarinet; Pete Wood, trumpet; Don Sheskey, percussion; Grant Krueger (passed away), keyboard; Dave Martinsek.
- Liz Staehler - Piano, husband is Rich Kremer, Liz Staehler.
- Mike Standal
Guitar, Mike Standal.
- Sam Steffke
Sam Steffke, piano, Milwaukee.
- The Stellanovas
Plays cafe jazz, folk, originals, plus favorite standards. Ed Fila,, guitar; Mary Gaines, cello, vocals; Chris Wagoner, violin, accordion, vocals, 608-834-2122, Sun Prairie.
- Anita Stemper Trio
Mark Lewandowski, bass; Douglas Lady, piano; Anita Stemper, vocals, Milwaukee.
- Pam Duronio and Tim Stemper
Pam Duronio, vocal and husband Tim Stemper, guitar and drums; have two CDs: All Is Calm and Better Than Anything. Jeff Hamann, bass; Connie Grauer (Mrs. Fun), piano; Kim Zick, drummer. Cabaret entertainers Pam and Tim, 414-258-3570, Milwaukee.
- Stan Sterle - Clarinet, 262-723-5170, Elkhorn.
- John Stoehr
Alto and tenor sax, flute, 262-367-5030, Hartland.
- Jeff Stoll
Keyboardist and vocalist entertains at Packing House Wednesday through Saturday nights. Jeff Stoll, 414-423-8424, Franklin.
- Dick Strauss Dance Bands - Dick Strauss, 262-679-9022, Madison.
- Streetlife - Unique blend of R&B, Smooth Jazz and Contemporary styles, combining superb musicianship with an exciting stage presence. Warren Wiegratz, saxophone, 414-475-5539, Milwaukee.
- Sean Strode - Guitar.
- Matt Stuebner - Piano.
- Daryl Stuermer
Genesis Guitarist, Daryl Stuermer, Milwaukee.
- Duane Stuermer
Bass guitar (brother of Daryl Stuermer), 414-481-2738, Milwaukee.
- Jay Stulo & the Mighty Aces - Blues, Rod Zimmerman, Greg Thiel, Doug Kroening, Jay Stulo.
- Robert G. Sturomski
Passed away March 26, 2016. Clarinet and saxophone, Bob Sturomski, 414-425-0242, Franklin.
- Dave Sullivan Quintet
Guitar, Dave Sullivan, 920-458-1355, Sheboygan.
- Swing Nouveau (1997) - The Swing Revival Band. David A. Renaud, 414-483-3669, Milwaukee; Ken Kottke, 414-427-2699, Franklin.
- Ray Tabs
Ferdinand & Company, piano, Ray Tabs, Milwaukee.
- Wayne Taddy - Piano.
- Frank Tarantino - Bassist, Milwaukee.
- Kirk Tatnall
Jazz and all occasion guitar, Kirk Tatnall, 262-930-5709 , Milwaukee.
- Leo Tato - Drums, Leo Tato, 414-963-9550, Milwaukee.
- Bill Taylor
Trombone and vocal, 414-453-6599, West Allis.
- Maggie Teasdale - Piano.
- Fred Tesch - Piano.
- Brenda Theabo
Contemporary jazz duo, trio or quartet. Tom Theabo, guitar; Kevin Wells, bass; Tony Taylor, drums. Brenda Theabo, vocals and trombone, 920-426-1880, Oshkosh.
- Tom Theabo - Guitar.
- Michael Thiele - Piano.
- Jake Tomasicyk - Jazz, rock and classical trombone and lessons, Jake Tomasciyk, 262-751-1251, Waukesha.
- Helen Toussaint - Piano.
- Rev. Allen Townsend
Wonderful World Jazz Band, Bunny Berigan Memorial Band. Ralph Wilcox, clarinet and sax; Dick Chaffee, trombone; Chuck Chihak, piano; Paul Erickson, banjo and guitar; Terry Grosskopf, bass and tuba; Prof. To Wirkus, drums; Wilma Scheffner, vocal; Rev. Al Townsend, cornet, 608-788-3462, LaCrosse.
- Gene Traas - Trombone, Gene Traas, Waukesha.
- Larry Tresp
Larry Tresp, upright bass and electric bass; 414-881-0358, Franklin.
- Carol Trout - Jazz vocalist, Carol Trout.
- Jack Trowbridge
The Red Hot Dixie Jazz Band. Clarinet, trumpet, Jack Trowbridge, Oconomowoc.
- Dan Trudell - Piano.
- Alvin Turner - Saxophone, Milwaukee.
- Larry Tylke - Trumpet, Milwaukee.
- Jerry Unger - Guitar, Jerry Unger, 414-406-7644, Mequon.
- Tom Utschig
Percussion, Tom Utschig, 262-628-2668, Hubertus.
- Victor Valentine
Private parties, weddings, DJ, weddings, night clubs. Lucky Victor Promotions, Victor Valentine, vocalist, 715-412-1850, Waupaca.
- Scott VanDomelen (1983) - Currently on tour with Glenn Miller Orchestra. Tenor and soprano saxophone, 414-350-8691, Milwaukee.
- Barry Velleman
Keyboard, Barry Velleman, 414-257-3419, Milwaukee. Moved to Boston in 2012.
- Dave Velleman - Saxophone and keyboard, Milwaukee.
- Bob Viviano
Plays trumpet in many groups and can repair any instrument by working at Cascio's. Bob Viviano, Milwaukee.
- Paul Vrakas
Clarinetist, vocalist and former Mayor of Waukesha, Paul Vrakas, 262-547-9140, Waukesha.
- Bart Wagner - Drums.
- Dave Wall
Drums. The youngest of four children from a musical family in Green Bay, Dave grew up listening to jazz, big band swing, '70s fusion, and rock & roll. After watching his father and older brothers play drums, Dave was hooked by age 10 and played his first gig at 13. Later in his teens he studied with Carl Allen, Alan Dawson and Clyde Stubblefield. Since then he has traveled across the U.S., Canada and Europe playing in a wide variety of bands including renowned composer/arranger John Harmon, world class vocalist Janet Planet and B3 artist Jack McDuff.
- Tom Washatka - Saxophone, Milwaukee.
- Keith Watling
Gypsy jazz, swing, latin, classic jazz, french cabaret, available for solo and group performances. Keith Watling, jazz guitar, 414-416-2300, Wauwatosa.
- We Six - Wisconsin Conservatory Jazz Sextet, Berkley Fudge, reeds; Mike Plog, trumpet; Paul Silbergleit, guitar; Jeff Hamann, bass; Dave Bayles, drums. Musician Biographies (PDF 8K). Contact Mark Davis, piano, 414-962-7861, Milwaukee.
- Don Weast
Vocals that please. Over 300 songs from memory. Don Weast, 262-650-1409, Waukesha.
- Carolyn Wehner - Piano.
- Jerry Weitzer Trio - Jerry Weitzer, keyboards, 414-389-9453, Milwaukee.
- George Welland
- Dave Welnak
Bourbon Street Stompers. Trumpet, retired metal fabricator for Miller Brewing, David Welnak, 262-345-1091, Germantown.
- Doc Westring & Friends (1983)
Piano and vocals plus one to five additional players. The swing and standards of the 20's, 30's and 40's including jazz, rhythm and blues, and Dixieland. Entertaining in Milwaukee area clubs. Doc Westring, piano, 414-464-4542, Washington Island.
- Aiden White - Banjo, Aiden White.
- Al White
Piano and vocals, Al White, 414-325-6465, Milwaukee.
- Dave Wickerham
Formerly an organist at Organ Piper Pizza now lives in Florida. Dave Wickerham.
- Warren Wiegratz
Saxophone, Warren Wiegratz, 262-641-4451, Elm Grove.
- Ken Wiele - Trombone, Ken Wiele, 262-515-1464, Milwaukee.
- Ralph Wilcox - Saxophone and clarinet, 608-783-8388, Holmen.
- Gary Williams - Guitar, Gary R. Williams, 414-297-7000, ext. 79586, Milwaukee.
- Wayne Williams - Saxophone.
- Andrew Wilson - Drums, Milwaukee.
- Darrien Wilson - Jazz piano, 414-333-6997, Milwaukee.
- Clyde W. Winquist - Piano.
- Ellen Winters Quartet
Straight ahead jazz standards. Daniel J. Schneck, Dean Lea, piano; Harold Miller or John Dominguez, bass; Andy Bauer, guitar; Paul Spencer or Andy LoDuca, drums; Ellen Winters, jazz vocalist and piano; 414-736-0989, Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin Jazz Orchestra - 18 pc. plays high energy big band numbers more for listening than dancing. Pat Phalen, trumpet; Jeffrey Erickson, Wausau.
- Michael J. Woitowicz
Upbeat strolling music featuring banjo, washboard and string bass. Perfect for outdoor events. Banjo, Michael J. Woitowicz, 262-245-5516, Williams Bay.
- Julie Wood
- Francis "Pete" Wood
Trumpet, Pete Wood, Menomonee Falls.
- Donna Woodall Group
Acoustic jazz and adult contemporary music. Ethan Bender, 414-698-7828, Milwaukee.
- Jeanne Woodall
Voice, passed away June 10, 2011, Milwaukee.
- Bruce L. Yeo
Trombone, Bruce Yeo, 414-258-4215, Milwaukee.
- Jim Yorgan - Bass, Milwaukee.
- John Zaffiro - Guitar, music teacher, John Zaffiro, 414-276-2681 or 414-276-1970, Milwaukee.
- Joe Zarcone
Percussion, Joe Zarcone, 262-695-1232, Milwaukee.
- Steve Zenz - Drums.
- Kim Zick - Percussion, 414-964-9872, Milwaukee.
- Wayne Zimmerman
Passed away October 22, 2017. Alto and tenor saxophone, Zim, 262-786-5511.