People enjoy hearing the clarinet music of Rich Regent. A mix of improvising skills and entrancing harmony which combine to energize jazz, tangos, Polkas, dazzle Dixieland, play danceable waltzes or create emotional blues.
Rich is known for his beautiful tone, whether he is working with Dixieland bands, performing show tunes in a pit orchestra, or entertaining as a soloist expressing and embellishing songs of faith in a church.
You can regularly hear his music when he performs in a theatrical orchestra, jazz ensemble, pop bands, and even when he frequently sits-in at a variety of music venues.
Check out some of these photos, look for the clarinetist.
Rich may be performing, rehearsing or practicing with his clarinet somewhere right now at dinners, dances, parties and events. Please hire the Rich Regent in a musical group.
Various Saturdays, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Enjoy a variety of music performed by Rich Regent, versatile jazz clarinetist. Free admission. Milwaukee Public Market, 400 N. Water St., Milwaukee, phone 414-336-1111.
Rich Regent Band - The Clarinet and Accordion Guys, Rich Regent, clarinetist, and John Dudzik, accordionist, have been Wisconsin musicians since they were teenagers. They first met each other to provide music for a wedding reception in 2005, then went their separate ways to perform music in their own musical groups.
In 2015 they got re-acquainted to perform a Polka Mass at a church. One of the tunes they arranged for that Service was Just A Closer Walk With Thee, in Polka style!
They can handle most requests, educational and theme music programs, entertainment and background music for nearly any event, wedding reception, even a Polka Mass. Add a percussionist for a trio. Within your budget, while exceeding your expectations.
Please hire this duet for your next event. Rich Regent and John Dudzik.
3rd Wednesdays, 6:30 to 10 p.m. - Moose Lodge 49, 5476 S. 13th St., Milwaukee. Food and beverages. The areas best accordionists, the band and Rich Regent, play Polkas, jazz, and popular tunes. Dancing, free. Info 414-281-4444.
Dixie Doodlers - As clarinetist with the Dixie Doodlers since 2002, Rich Regent is featured on their two CDs "Per Your Request" and "The Dixie Doodlers Go Touring." Here are a few unmixed samples made while recording the CDs.
- Kansas City Kitty, Walter Donaldson - 1929 in G. Popularized by Rudy Vallee. Some sections have six or seven sharps for trumpets and clarinet. Andy and Gary take dueling solos on trumpets. Time 4 minutes (MP3, 5.6 Megabytes).
- Mahogany Hall Stomp, Spencer Williams - 1929 in Eb. Named for Madam Lulu White's "Mahogany Hall," one of the finest bordellos in Storyville. Time 4 minutes and 23 seconds (MP3, 6.2 Megabytes).
- New Orleans Shuffle, Whitmore - 1920s in Ab. Recorded by Bob Wilber's Wildcats 1948 and the Titan Hot Five 1996. (MP3, 5.0 Megabytes)
- San, McPhail and Michels - 1920 in F. Time 4 minutes, 25 seconds (MP3, 4.1 Megabytes)
- Since My Best Gal Turned Me Down, Howard Quicksell and Ray Lodwig - 1927 in Bb. Quicksell was banjoist with Jean Goldkette Orchestra, Beiderbecke, Trumbauer, etc. Also wrote Sorry. Lodwig played trumpet on some of Bix's sessions c. 1930, such as I'll Be A Friend With Pleasure. Recorded by Bix Beiderbecke 1927, Pee Wee Russell, Gene Krupa 1938, Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra (Sy Oliver arr.) 1934, etc. (MP3, 5.0 Megabytes)
- Take Your Tomorrow, J. C. Johnson and Andy Razaf - 1928 in F. Recorded by Frankie Trumbauer and His Orchestra (Bix, Lang, Bargy, etc. Vocal: Trumbauer and possibly Austin Young) 1928. (MP3, 6.1 Megabytes)
Granville Center Band with percussion, banjo, accordion and clarinet. Now plays at the Elk's Club.
Rich has a Master of Science degree in Physics, is a licensed Wisconsin Professional Engineer and is webmaster for Wisconsin Musical Groups.
- Adoration Lutheran Church since 1974
- Al's Happy Notes, 2000-2008
- Bay Player's Orchestra (4 rehearsals and 8 programs each)
- Into The Woods, Sep-Oct, 2007 (5 programs)
- Gypsy, Sep-Oct, 2004
- Sound of Music, Sep-Oct, 2002
- Bethel Church Orchestra Orchestra, 1998 - 2012
- Carroll College Orchestra, 3 years (Director's Award, 1999)
- Concord Chamber Orchestra (Substitute)
- Cudahy Civic Band, 3 years
- Dixie Doodlers, since 2002
- Falls Patio Player's Orchestra (4 rehearsals and 8 programs each)
- 9 to 5 The Musical, Apr, 2013 (6 programs)
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Apr, 2012 (6 programs)
- Annie, Apr-May, 2011 (6 programs)
- Oliver, Apr-May, 2010 (6 programs)
- Grease, Apr-May, 2009 (6 programs)
- Pajama Game, Apr, 2008
- The Sound of Music, Apr, 2007
- Fiddler On The Roof, Apr-May, 2006
- The Music Man, Apr-May, 2005
- Cinderella, Apr-May, 2004
- First Congregational Church Orchestra, 3 years
- Four Fun Fellows, 2003-2010
- K-Town Dixie Ramblers, 2013
- Medio Arte Woodwind Ensemble, 1999-2001
- Menomonee Falls Symphony Orchestra, 7 years
- Milwaukee All City Band, 2 years
- Milwaukee Summer Philharmonia, 2 years
- Philharmonia Racine, 5 years
- Pulaski High School Band and Marching Band (Milwaukee), 3 years
- South Milwaukee Municipal Band, 4 years
- University Community Orchestra
- Walker Junior High School Band (Milwaukee), 3 years
- Walker Junior High School Orchestra (Milwaukee), 3 years
Training and Classes
- Pavel Vinnitsky, clarinetist, New York Metropolitan Opera Orchestra.
- Julie DeRoche, clarinetist, Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Eddie Daniels, World Class clarinet virtuoso.
- Greg Smith, clarinetist, Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Dr. Arthur Campbell, clarinetist Canada.
- Berkeley Fudge, saxophonist, Milwaukee, 32 lessons.
- Chris Zello, clarinetist, Milwaukee.
- Tom Ridenouer, clarinet expert, Leblanc Corp.
- Elizabeth Duquesnoy, Julliard School of Music piano graduate, 5 years.
- Phil Kammerer, Sr., music teacher, private lessons, 6 years
Heard by Prominent People
- Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor's Annual Picnic and Birthday Party at the Zoo on August 24, 2019, and Congresswoman Gwen Moore.
- Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor's Annual Picnic at the Zoo September 9, 2018, also visiting were Governor Elect Tony Evers, Lt. Governor Elect Mandela Barnes, Senator Tammy Baldwin and Randy Bryce.
- Bernie Sanders, past Presidential Candidate, heard me performing at the Milwaukee Public Market, Palm Restaurant, while he enjoyed a milk shake on February 24, 2018.
- Erik Brooks, Mayor of South Milwaukee, enjoyed listening to a few hours of my music at the Milwaukee Public Market on November 19, 2016.
- John McGivern, host of PBS TV show Around the Corner, and Portia Young of WISN-TV, at Turner Ballroom Talent Stage on March 1, 2016.
- Kyle Cherek, host of PBS TV show Foodie at the Milwaukee Public Market on November 21, 2015.
- Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor's Annual Picnic at the Zoo on September 16, 2017, August 27, 2016, August 29, 2015, and September 7, 2013.
- Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor's Annual Picnic at the Zoo on August 23, 2014, and Mary Burke, governor candidate; Joel McNally, InterCHANGE Public TV; Susan Happ, and many prominent public dignataries.
- Dave Ament, Mayor of New Berlin, at Steeple View on July 9, 2013.
- Faithe Colas, Milwaukee County Salvation Army Director, on Black Friday, 2012, at Southridge; then hired to play at Holiday Mixer December 11, 2012, in the Bradley Pavilion.
- Kristyna Wentz-Graff, Milwaukee Journal photographer on Black Friday, 2012, at Southridge. Here is a photograph she took.
- Britni McDonald, CBS 58 News Team at Southridge Black Friday, November 25, 2011, says "You are really talented."
- Lori Minetti, television personality from Lottery Megabucks and Builder's Showcase at Southridge Paint the Mall Pink October 20, 2012; Mom's Nite Out May 10, 2012, May 5, 2011, May 6, 2010; and Black Friday November 25, 2011.
- Bishop Jeff Barrow, Lutheran Bishop for 157 southeast Wisconsin congregations, for 25-year ordination service, April 3, 2011.
- Gordon Hinkley, WTMJ radio personality at Village at Manor Park, July 9, 2008, and September 21, 2009.
- Tom Peppins, TV6 Milwaukee personality, at Brookfield Parade, July 4, 2008.
- Scott Walker, Milwaukee County Executive, at Milwaukee's Granville Center, October 11, 2007.
- Jim Burkee and Jeff Walz on August 19, 2007, for the political congressional rally at American Legion in Cedarburg televised on TV 6 and 58.
- Beverly Taylor, TV6 Milwaukee personality, at Brookfield Parade, July 4, 2007.
- The Honorable Judge Barbara Kluka, Wedding ceremony at Kemper Center Chapel, May 26, 2007.
- Jim Doyle, Wisconsin Governor, and Thomas Zepecki, South Milwaukee Mayor, at South Milwaukee Heritage Days Spaghetti Dinner for 1,300 people on July 26, 2006.
- Charles Benson, TV4 Milwaukee news anchorman, Spellbound for Literacy, October 19, 2006.
- Brad Hicks, TV6 Milwaukee personality, at Brookfield Parade, July 4, 2006.
- Frank Zeidler, past Milwaukee Mayor, at Redeemer Church upon his receiving the Wittenburg Award, February 19, 2006.
- Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor, St. Vincent Pallotti Picnic, June 5, 2005.
- Sr. Mary Lea Schneider, President Cardinal Stritch University, Spellbound for Literacy, October 19, 2006.
- Dr. Hermann Viets, President Milwaukee School of Engineering, Spellbound for Literacy, October 19, 2006.
- Arch Bishop Timothy Dolan, Milwaukee, dedication at St. Vincent Pallotti Church, January 18, 2003.
- Bob Donovan, Alderman of Milwaukee.